2018/06/05 15:50:24
CAPTAIN HOOK
I've heard it ,but never believed it, because I've never seen it.....snakes climbing vertical ...straight up !

Friend sent me this from down near DC....Black Snake
2018/06/06 02:43:39
Jorge
 Don't stand them!
2018/10/26 12:18:32
cdcaddis
I had two black snakes about that size in my garage in the summer.  I was able to hook on to one with my cane and throw it out into the back yard.  But the other, slightly bigger, one disappeared.  At first my wife and I just couldn't find it and I was wondering what to do next.  She kept at it and looked in the corner of the garage above the concrete portion and lo and behold right in the corner between two 2" x 4" was the snake crawling vertically up the plywood. Flipped me out 'cause I'm squeamish around them.  She held a stick above so the snake couldn't get any higher and I used one of those grippers they give people who are wheel chair bound to get items off of higher shelves.  I grabbed the big boy a few inches below the head and carried him outside and let him go.  Now I always close the garage door as soon as I exit it.
2018/10/26 13:23:28
Fisherlady2
Yep, they are often good climbers.... I was climbing in the rafters of the barn a few years ago, reached my hand over my head to next beam for balance and found a snake skin tucked into the angle between beam and a brace. Intact piece was about 6ft long, figured a black snake.... saved it, coiled it up on top of a bunch of hay I had bagged for a friend to use stuffing a Halloween scarecrow. He didn't see the humor in it when he opened the bag?? 
2018/10/26 13:51:19
Fisherlady2
They like the beams....

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/10/26 14:27:24
Walleye jigs
I have tow or three garden snakes with several ringneck snakes in my garden every year they love slugs!
2018/10/26 22:19:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hi Jigs 🎃

Fisherlady, that is a hoot. 👍
2018/10/27 08:33:33
olds-Pa
When we had our farm, there was 3 old large black walnut tress in the front yard. We would often see a black snake climbing up one just like the picture Captain posted...
2018/10/27 15:08:24
SaltWaterRocks
One of my siblings has a pic of my dad with a GIANT black snake he caught climbing a sycamore tree in Mingo Park during a company picnic.  Once, when I was out fishing a farm pond in Wash County I was walking to a section of the pond through some mature pine trees.  Bent over making my way through, I felt a limb fall and land on my back.  When I stood up a little to make it fall off, it turned out to be about a 5 foot black snake.  I'm not afraid of snakes(unless they surprise me; it did a really good job!) and I am no part of Jesus, but I **** near walked on water that day!!  Had several fall in the boat fishing the willow bushes at the Yough, and Stonewall Jackson(WV) but they climbed up and out before I had to do anything.
2018/10/29 15:59:19
ZelieSam
Black rat snake.  She's a beauty!  They eat birds and eggs when they aren't eating their weight in mice.  Wish people would stop willing them.  I've been bitten MANY times by them as a kid (we kept them as summer pets) and it hurts less than your cat biting you.  They are as beneficial a critter as you can have on your property.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account