2018/02/23 04:51:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
Smally,  Wilhelm has or had a support group, you could call the park office for more information.  Last I knew the park manager was looking for input from users of Wilhelm.

I'm hoping that means the PFBC will get back to enforcement and leave the lake management to the local park officials and those officials  won't cave and cater to special interest groups.
2018/02/23 15:31:58
smally hunter
If i have the time id love to involved . I remember fishing this lake as a kid and everything was stout. We used to murder the slabs here . You know the crappie are nice when you were throwing fish under 12 " back . I wish i had pictures and idc if im believed or not but one fall i assisted in the catch of a black crappie that was everybit 18-20 inches . I was using someones pole while they were lighting the latern and bobber dropped. Drag started pulling and i swore i had a bass . Once it surfaced and i saw that big circle of lips immediate excitement set in. Then the guy snatched the pole from me lol i was idk 11-13 cant remember, i just know i could fit my hand in its mouth . I know that fish was rare but 12+ wasnt . I hate having to drive to pymie an hour when wilhelm is 20 minutes .
2018/02/23 16:14:39
psu_fish
Stocking Chain Pickerel is a very bad idea
2018/02/23 20:27:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
As for stocking Chain Pickerel I would agree with not a good idea. Pike are not a favored table fare, though they can be filleted and are quite yummy, not many anglers would target the fish for eating. I would fear this leading to a similar situation happening, when Wilhelm first opened.

For controlling the stupid shad, I think more Walleye, Sauger, Saugeye etc.

However, for now, leave well enough alone as Wilhelm has made a tremendous turn around regarding a family fun fishing lake. Butttttt that being said, I would like to see surveys taken, especially on the heavily laden pontoon boats, as to the quality and quantity of pan fish leaving the lake.
2018/02/24 00:06:24
mopars0
Getting closer guys , about ready to put the new licenses on the boat ... of course had to ask the better half were I put them when they came in the mail ... this aging factor is starting to suck 😜👍... had a guy at my buddy’s camp in Canada show me how to do the pike .. fillet it , cut into little cube pieces, boiled it for about 8-10 minutes in water .... dip it in melted butter or a sauce of your choice .... really tasty... he called it poor mans lobster 😜
2018/02/24 07:23:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0
Getting closer guys , about ready to put the new licenses on the boat ... of course had to ask the better half were I put them when they came in the mail ... this aging factor is starting to suck 😜👍... had a guy at my buddy’s camp in Canada show me how to do the pike .. fillet it , cut into little cube pieces, boiled it for about 8-10 minutes in water .... dip it in melted butter or a sauce of your choice .... really tasty... he called it poor mans lobster 😜

Yummy........
2018/02/24 15:58:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wilhelm remains locked up except a few spots along the shorelines. Hopefully the extended freeze, will take a greater toll on the shad.

Launch 3.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Launch 4

Launch 1

Attachment(s)

2018/02/27 18:51:31
Slabseeker
Anyone know if there is much open water along the shoreline near the dam? 
2018/04/06 21:23:08
CAPTAIN HOOK
All I can say is WOW !   Where you at BTDT and mikesdad ?

2018/04/06 22:15:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dad-burn-it Captain.... NO SPOT BURNING!!!!

Sweet dreams Mopars.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account