2018/01/25 15:52:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Launch 2

Attachment(s)

2018/01/25 16:22:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Tracks in the snow are those from my sled coming and going last night. Since then the ice has heaved from the lake rising.

Attachment(s)

2018/01/25 16:42:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
But where there's a will there's a way........ gone fishin!!!

Attachment(s)

2018/01/25 20:23:52
mopars0
Awww launch 2 ... my main launch 👍👍
2018/01/25 22:17:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
Steve I thought about sitting in my sled and pushing myself over to the ice but I didn't have a launch permit for the sled. Stupid launch permits.

Did find accessible ice, though the first 5 steps made some funny cracking sounds. It was only three steps coming back....three 'GIANT' steps.

Some food for thought to those venturing out tomorrow. Shoreline ice might be passable due too sub-freezing temps tonight. But returning to shore may be different when the sun pops up and the temps approach 50.

I thought last night, the ice was making weird sounds but that noise, was nothing like this evening.😱

Tomorrow may be a good day to check out Pymie.
2018/01/25 23:34:07
mopars0
BTDT .... now that was funny ( 3 steps back ) bigggg steps 😜👍... I’ll just wait it out a few more months bud ... lol. Be careful out there guys !!
2018/01/26 00:24:57
BeenThereDoneThat.
Give me three steps Mister.... Three steps Mister....... Give me three steps toward the shore. Give me three steps Mister..... three steps Mister and I'll fish here noooo more.

Hmmm, you known there may be a song in there.

I'm thinkin, there may be some brain freeze as well.
2018/01/26 11:19:59
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Give me three steps Mister.... Three steps Mister....... Give me three steps toward the shore. Give me three steps Mister..... three steps Mister and I'll fish here noooo more.

Hmmm, you known there may be a song in there.

I'm thinkin, there may be some brain freeze as well.
. Lol ... now stop it , just spit my morning ( almost noon ) coffee out laughing 👍😜
2018/01/26 14:34:30
mopars0
BTDT .... hey bud , ya didn’t happen to be on the ice up by 79 were ya ? Had to go to Meadville this afternoon and came back through Sandylake ... noticeed a hut on ice kinda back in the bay near 79 , told wife hey BTDT is out on ice she said how you know that told her cause he fishes alone 😜👍👍
2018/01/26 20:27:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ummm shhhhhh, no spot burning but yes and, not me in the hut. Was a gorgeous day on the ice, absolutely gorgeous.

Like a beagle speaks to the hunter so spoke the ice to this hard water angler. Pops, gurgles, whine and shivers made for a great morning of ice fishing. That is, until the sun rose high in the sky and warmed the surface bringing silence to the restless frozen lake surface.

Would not have been the best time to introduce a newbie to the sport unless you wanted an excuse, to leave early. But to the seasoned ice angler, twas music to the ears.

Tonight will certainly be a time to visit the frozen lakes for those who want to hear. As the night time temperatures fall below freezing and the ice once again expands, should not be difficult to hear, as the ice sings her song.

Another fun fact about ice fishing....

Sometimes You get lucky....... I catched some stupid fish!!! The hole is 8" in diameter. Imagine the look on my face when those lips poked through the ice.

Attachment(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account