2018/01/22 20:37:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Had the entire lake between the causeway and I-79 today. Geeeez, talk about giving a guy a complex, not another sole to be seen anywhere. So anyway, I hit the ice bright and early sometime after noon and played bore-a-hole, bore-a-hole everywhere, until just before 6:00 PM. Was a great day to be out and about in the Pennsylvania Wilds although, some places were a bit questionable.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

That's liquid ice I took a picture of with me standing in the middle of it. But hey, now I know my huntin boots is water proof. But Wait, even more funner is seeing bubbles coming from the other side of 8" of ice. What 's up with that?

Must say, hauling my stuff around the lake was a dream with no stupid snow to drag the sled over.

Wasn't a spectacular day of catching but the action was just enough to keep me from stomping my feet while screaming STUPID FISH!!!

Looking forward to getting the weather, the next two days, into the history books and see colder temps return so I can get back out on the ice. Not a problem with water on both sides of the ice but the wind may be a bit more than I care to fish in.

Attachment(s)

2018/01/22 20:50:39
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wait..... I ain't finished braggin yet!!

Still not enough to invite home for dinner.

OK now, yinz can go.

Attachment(s)

2018/01/25 09:56:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
OK I know my secrete will be safe on this board but yinz keep it under your hat anyway cause, ya know I don't spotburn.  I told them guys on the other board I was goin fishin someplace else when I really sneaked over here for some relaxation and enjoying my back yard in Penn's Woods.  So here's wassup to date.

Once again I had the entire area between the causeway and I-79 alllll to myself.  Which is the second time this week and probably because everyone else is fishing at the other end of the lake and that is where the stupid fish are biting. Well, I still had a enjoyable time and to heck with all those other guys cause they missed out on some free food.  I thought what a great day for a tailgater on the ice so I stopped at one of those on the way gas/convenience stores and picked up some wings.  Bought plenty of extras too, in the event some friends might stop by for some good ole conversation.

Was all set by 3:00, holes drilled, ice cleared, tip-ups rigged and set at various depths along with rod rigged with a spring bobber placed precisely with in reach of my lounge chair, inside a cozy ice shanty.  Minutes turned to hours and hours turned to empty wings containers and a hoagie wrapper including two packets of Italian dressing.  Darkness warranted the removal of the tip-ups and by 9:30 all was packed neatly hap hazard, in my vehicle, for the trip home.

Can't wait to get back out on the ice today, but this time I'm going to sneak down to the other end of the lake just to see wassup in that area.  Should of been on my way by now but it's taking the Imodium AD longer, than I had hoped, to take affect.  Stay tuned for up coming events.

Oh yeah, I did get lucky.

Attachment(s)

2018/01/25 10:00:06
outasync
Be careful john reports of the shoreline eroding at the dam end. May need to take a plank!
2018/01/25 10:02:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Dave, hadn't heard that.  May have been caused from waves I created stomping my feet and jumping up and down on the ice at the other end.  Stupid fish!!!
2018/01/25 10:43:12
outasync
Lol join iceshanty.com you need like 3 posts then you can see the lake reports page.
2018/01/25 11:38:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
Already a member..... forgot my stupid user name.

I did notice cracking sounds coming from around the concrete as I walked from the boat launch onto the ice off of 3 yesterday.  No doubt the ice has lifted somewhat as it floats on the rising water.  I'll just have to remember to "take two giant steps" and "no baby steps" when I step from shore onto the ice.
2018/01/25 11:42:01
outasync
I checked chestnut last night. Didnt venture too far before it was crusty and crunchy. I decided to wait until i have my pfd before i ventured any further.
2018/01/25 12:14:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
I hear you, I do.   Figured IceShanty user name out, that sight seems a PITA to navigate, any way to bypass all the hooey I'm not Interested in?
2018/01/25 15:43:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Not Good........😭

South shore directly across from launch 4.

Attachment(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account