2018/03/31 08:25:42
thunderpole
Them fish are probably in the lake by now , pfbc really knows how to ruin a nice stretch of water now it will be polluted with cans and worm containers
2018/03/31 08:45:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
Don't be surprised to see the survey nets in the lake later this year.

Few years we be needin a "trout stamp" to fish the lake. Maybe even a "Shenango River Lake" stamp.
2018/03/31 09:31:50
thunderpole
They will get there I have caught trout down by big bend bridge that come from Greenville , from bbb isn't far to the lake at all
2018/03/31 09:33:23
thunderpole
I need my fishing license trout/erie/shanango river lake combo please gonna be just like hunting license carry 3 ft of plastic paper around
2018/03/31 10:24:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
thunderpole
I need my fishing license trout/erie/shanango river lake combo please gonna be just like hunting license carry 3 ft of plastic paper around

A/K/A..... the (plastic) paper trail.😉
2018/03/31 12:51:17
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yea those Trout won't stay put too long in the river with all the flow we had. Hope they stock some triploid trout next, at least when they get in the lake they can grow to 20lbs plus !

BTDT they had nets in Shenango last year and never said a word as to what they surveyed . They were spotted up near the 10hp area last spring, but all was kept hush ,hush. 

Same goes for the Walleye stocking report on Shenango last year. Wilhelm & Shenango show no Walleye numbers stocked in 2017, what's up with that ? They told my buddy they stocked but why no numbers in the reports. All the other lakes are updated on their site. Then they wonder why you don't trust what they say or do ! No transparency, no information on certain issues. They act like it's top secret !

2018/03/31 13:42:40
EMitch
Captain, I remember guys sayin' last year that they were  trap netting Conneaut, but the only trap net file I could find on the PFBC site for that lake, was from 2012. (I'm still learnin' how to negotiate that site). Maybe we're just years into the future before the commish decides to publish? (Dang, maybe we need to pay them more for a biology report)???
2018/03/31 13:45:37
BeenThereDoneThat.
I hear you Captain but the surveys conducted in the future will be for, trout survival.  If you recall, when the PFBC stopped stocking the river below the dam with Walleye, they started stocking "everybody's favorite sport fish".... the trout.   Well now you know why the lake hasn't been stocked with walleye.  Pending the survey results, (survival rates) "everyone" will have a new lake in which to fish for their "favorite fish".... the trout!!!

BTW.... that was a dandy Perch! 
2018/03/31 14:35:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
Tried to post the latest biologist report (2014) for Shenango River Lake but it is in PDF format soooo instead of converting it to JPG, here is the link to "all" the biologist reports.  Hopefully

http://www.fishandboat.com/Fish/Fisheries/BiologistReports/Pages/default.aspx

Read and weep.  
2018/04/06 11:28:19
BeenThereDoneThat.

I AM SOOO HAPPY 

2 hrs · 

The courtesy docks at Mahaney Rec Area, Shenango Rec Area and Clark Rec Area have now been placed at their respective boat launches. Also, the public restrooms at Mahaney Rec Area and Shenango Rec Area are now open. We will be opening the Clark Rec Area restrooms on May 1st.
CURRENT LAKE INFORMATION:
Pool Elevation: 895.43, which is 0.76 feet above normal summer pool
Sluice Gates 1 - 7 are open to 2.5 feet each
Sharpsville River Level: 5.86 feet
Transfer River Level: 3.79 feet
8am Air Temperature: 34 degrees
8am Water Temperature: 43 degrees
Weather: Cloudy/Light Rain

For current lake details and other important information, please call our daily recorded message at (724) 962-4384.

Are the pellet heads up ta da docks yet??? 

OOOOOPs silly me, forgot  "NO" Spot Burning!!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account