2018/06/27 17:05:04
CAPTAIN HOOK
Shenango Lake is about as high as it can get without causing major issues. Bluegills have been biting steady toward evenings in the shallows and around docks. I had to post this photo of these twin boys of a late friend of mine. Got to love these shirts.....I'll have to get one when I go to Erie Steelhead fishing ! 

2018/07/05 10:40:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
Shenango River Lake1 hr · 

All Shenango Lake boat launches and recreation areas are open.

Bet this will soon change to "Clark Boat Launch closed because of flooding and sluice gates 1 - 7 open to 2+ feet".     If the Pymatuning water shed received the rain yesterday, that occurred in my back yard plus today's forecast holds true, weekenders may want to call the info number before making the trip to Shenango........  How highs the water mama.
2018/07/06 09:24:32
BeenThereDoneThat.

Stay tuned for the latest........ as of 0915 this date.

Shenango River · 

All boat launches at Shenango Lake are currently open. Chestnut Run Swim Beach is open
CURRENT LAKE INFORMATION
Pool Elevation: 895.84 which is 1.17 feet above normal summer pool (894.67)
Sluice Gates: 1 -- 7 are each open 1 foot
Sharpsville River Level: 3.04 feet
Transfer River Level: 3.50 feet
Air Temp: 68
Outflow Water Temp: 72
Lake Temperature Buoy: 83
Weather: Cloudy
For daily recorded lake information call 724-962-4384.

Plus we (as in my back yard) didn't get the forecast rain for 07/05.   That's a good thing, at least for me, cause the ground hogs is swimmin in my field.
2018/07/12 09:50:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
Took a little trip through Shenango this morning.  Welll not really at Shenango but rather on the Facebook page where you can surf the Shenango Picture Time Line.  Very interesting to see the amount of events and activities like clean-up, maintenance and other programs that take place through the year. 

Kudos, A tip of the hat, good times and tight lines to all the staff, volunteers and event organizers, in keeping Shenango a fun and safe place to visit.

While I enjoyed all the photos there were, a few that caught my eye.  The first being of a celebrity, we all have come to know, kneeling beside his Lund over looking a nice batch of Crappie.  As yinz know, I don't spot burn so I won't drop any names or post the picture but I will say "Nice catch Chauncy"

Other pics included the devastating floods that occurred, prior to the construction, of Shenango River Lake.

PS.                      Speaking of events and programs................

15th Annual Leslie Sparano Memorial Summerfest is Friday, July 13, 2018.
NOTICE: Due to the high volume of participants and events in the area Friday, the Mahaney Boat Launch will receive more traffic than usual. The launch will be open to the public, however, if you do not want delays, we suggest launching from the Shenango Recreation Area boat launch or the Clark boat launch.
2018/07/12 16:48:50
chauncy
Thanks BTDT. That lake is a great place to fish.
2018/07/14 17:58:19
Pymafish
CAPTAIN HOOK
Shenango Lake is about as high as it can get without causing major issues. Bluegills have been biting steady toward evenings in the shallows and around docks. I had to post this photo of these twin boys of a late friend of mine. Got to love these shirts.....I'll have to get one when I go to Erie Steelhead fishing ! 

I’d get one of those shirts for on pymatuning but I don’t think aumish can read
2018/07/14 21:50:36
opsman
lol   Or spell??

2018/07/15 22:10:28
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
^^^ LOL 😂
2018/08/23 16:30:50
ATTE1
Looking for best place to get minnows for Shenango...coming from Canonsburg...thanks in advance
2018/08/23 20:32:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
Bill's Field & Stream

Archery store in Mercer County, Pennsylvania
Address: 242 Birchwood Dr # B, Transfer, PA 16154
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Fri
Phone: (724) 962-2950

https://www.google.com/ma...0.4124331!2d41.3147081

Google the above web sight for a map, if the provided link fails.   I would call, making sure he hasn't run out of minnows.

North from Hermitage on RT 18 crossing the Shenango causeway, up the hill, Bill's is on the left.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account