2012/03/09 17:08:43
1MOFISH
with all the stir over the 'eyes was wondering if the crappies get targeted? when and where? any info appreciated
GOD BLESS
mo
2012/03/09 17:21:11
likestofish
When is spot burning okay? If there are that many you shouldn't have a problem catching them. Alot of people spend time out learning and finding spots why should someone just up and tell you go here or there. Sometimes you need to just get out and do some searching on your own.
2012/03/09 17:45:08
likestofish
That is exactly why I made that comment. It is pretty rude for people to say I know there are alot of fish in the lake but where exactly do you catch them. Some people just need to get out and fish. When you try hard enough you will find the fish. I drive lil over an hour to get to the lake no way I would never spot burn on spots that buddies and I fish. We try to get away from the crowds not get in the middle of them.
2012/03/09 17:48:07
NeFiShNeTiMe
I don't know about pyma crappie but we are killin em in pi bay.... Catching a nice mixed basket of perch nice gills and the occasional steelhead or large mouth. My fishing pal and I let with 20 perch 20 crappie and 18 big gills..
2012/03/09 18:04:49
sprint219
At Pymie, the northern stump field would be a great place to start. But not quite yet. After next week's warmer weather, I would say they would be in pre-spawn mode. Water is still a little cold yet.
2012/03/09 19:18:28
spoonchucker
THEY are, but others are waiting to be provided the green light.
2012/03/09 20:09:40
SmMouthSeeker
1MOFISH,

Go to Walmart and get yourself a map of pymy and start from there. It'll show you where the cribs are located at and tips of how to catch them. Coldfront is right, you can catch them anywhere around that lake. Not only are there a lot of them, but they are huge. Also, look for places on the map where the water suddenly drops and forms deep pockets. You'll find them there as well.

Slap my hands, but I will spot burn here just a little bit. If you don't care about the size of them and you want to catch a lot of small ones, try the river below the outlet. It's no secret!!!
2012/03/09 20:56:57
walleye taker
Good evening Gents.

I have been fishing the lake since I was a kid and am now 45 . By no means am I a exepert but it doesn't take a genius to find the eyes or the crappies. Just follow the straw hats .

It will be starting soon and there are no more secret spots. The lake is fish hard and has always been .

Good luck to all , and tight lines gentlemen. Fish safe.
2012/03/10 01:05:57
Big Tuna
Pymy may lead the way as the best quality crappie lake there is,some years 12 inch plus fish are the norm,and there healty fat fish.They can be caught around brush piles,fish houses,bridges,spillway,linesville stumps and a lot of other spots and times of year.Last winter we got a lot of fish 12 -14 inches Jamestown.I'm not going to spot burn because its not right to give a spot away that came hard and years to others. 1Mofish you got any killer bucks spots that you'd like to share? I think you get the point.As SmMouthSeeker said the out flow down stream theres a small ditch on the left that meets the river tons of 7-9 inch crappies.
2012/03/10 07:07:15
yokelfish
spot burning is unethical. me and two buddies started to fish pymy last year. we bought a lake map off the internet for 12 bucks. sure we keep our eyes open while up ther but we refuse to crowd people.btw we havent gotten skunked yet.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account