2019/02/24 18:49:01
crappiefisher
Nice photos, Western PA sure has some nice waters & plenty ov bridges. Lots of trees snapped & uprooted today so far see what tonight brings. Power is back up for Brady Township, Butler for now.
2019/02/25 14:15:09
Ugly Stik
Seems that's disappeared up there at Pymy past 10 years or more. Hardly catch any of those cigar size eyes in that river anymore....not a good sign. Now and then you see a few decent eyes caught, but nothing like the past days. The river has filled along the banks with fallen trees so it makes for almost impossible fishing in a large stretch, but you think that would make good cover for more Walleyes to survive but apparently not so. I don't think they stock it or have for many years and it shows. Last several trips up there past few years we caught zero ! Too bad it's a nice area to fish even has a beautiful handicap dock there....just no fish. 
I lived about a mile from the Pymatuning outflow in the 80's and always did well on walleyes. I moved out of the area but have been able to fish the river the past couple years with the same results. NOTHING!. Last year I fished the river hard for two days with chubs and never got a tap. I wasn't aware the stocking had gone away but now it all makes sense. I fear fishing may go the way of hunting with no incentive to participate.
2019/02/25 16:38:21
GilliganJR
anzomcik
Well I guess my efforts were for not. I get it. I should not have expect to much other than the same old.

Which ever approach anyone chooses is fine by me, we are all in the same boat.

I for one appreciate your effort.  this place is a crapfest. 

2019/02/25 19:07:32
EMitch
Earlier in this thread I spoke about the Commission comin' up with a "Youth" fishing license to help increase revenue a bit. Thought that nothin' would ever come of it, but Lo & Behold!, I'm leafin' through the latest Pa. Angler and Boater, and in the back of the mag there is an advertisement about the Mentored Youth fishing. There is a free permit for Mentored Youth, and an actual Mentored Youth Fishing License, available for $2.90 fees included. Now $2.90 ain't gonna get the Commission rich, but it's a start. Might as well teach our youths that nothing in this world is free, and if you wanna fish, you're gonna have to pony up a few bucks. I think $10 for a youth license (12-16), wouldn't be out of line, considerin' what the adult resident license with stamps costs. JMHO! What a ya think? Should I duck and cover?
2019/02/25 19:18:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
12 year old gotta buy a hunting or trappin' license last I know'd.
2019/02/25 19:49:02
EMitch
Yeah, but no fishin' license. In 1962, when I turned 12 years old, I had to buy a Junior hunting license. $3.25 and Pap's adult license was $5.25. They're gonna have to do somethin'. Don't look like the Legislature is gonna do anything.
2019/02/25 23:42:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
Ugly Stik

I lived about a mile from the Pymatuning outflow in the 80's and always did well on walleyes. I moved out of the area but have been able to fish the river the past couple years with the same results. NOTHING!. Last year I fished the river hard for two days with chubs and never got a tap. I wasn't aware the stocking had gone away but now it all makes sense. I fear fishing may go the way of hunting with no incentive to participate.

Welcome to the Inland Walleye program my friend !

You speak the truth about that river and I highly doubt it will ever get any better without some or more stockings. ( fat chance )

Other than Pymy Lake, Walleye fishing in Western Pa. waters has plummeted greatly. Some people believe what the PFBC says ....I believe in what I see and experience . 

New signs coming soon .....lol

2019/02/26 14:27:53
Porktown
EMitch
Earlier in this thread I spoke about the Commission comin' up with a "Youth" fishing license to help increase revenue a bit. Thought that nothin' would ever come of it, but Lo & Behold!, I'm leafin' through the latest Pa. Angler and Boater, and in the back of the mag there is an advertisement about the Mentored Youth fishing. There is a free permit for Mentored Youth, and an actual Mentored Youth Fishing License, available for $2.90 fees included. Now $2.90 ain't gonna get the Commission rich, but it's a start. Might as well teach our youths that nothing in this world is free, and if you wanna fish, you're gonna have to pony up a few bucks. I think $10 for a youth license (12-16), wouldn't be out of line, considerin' what the adult resident license with stamps costs. JMHO! What a ya think? Should I duck and cover?

I think a $10 Jr. harvest license, would be a great way to earn some funds.  That way, any kids (parents) that feel the need to keep their catch, will need to at least pay to replace what they are taking.  If kids want to C&R, can do for free until 16.  That way, no one is running away from trying fishing, due to having to purchase a youth license, and able to likely collect on those that fish more.
2019/02/26 15:02:08
bubbaman
do I think the PFBC needs a raise ? well I guess I do, its been a long time since they had one , the cost of things have gone up big time, wages ,equipment and so on. but I don't believe they should have free reign on giving them self what ever amount they want like they wanted too. but they need to restructure the thing that is hurting them the most, the pensions. they need to keep what they have for the employees in affect now , but new employees need a different plan, or else the beast is going to keep eating them up. a lot of company's are restructuring their pensions , my company did it 3 years ago, hopefully with an increase in funds they will give back to the people that support them and we will see more warm water stocking
2019/02/26 15:31:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
Twenty years and out with full retirement. Then move to another state and start over again. Don't get no better than that.👍👍

Silly me, who gets them kinda chances today?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account