• Northwest PA
  • Any Justus/Two Mile Experienced People Out There? (p.2)
2019/02/04 14:56:02
Ugly Stik
Some folks refer to large rainbow trout as lakers aka lake runs from Lake Erie. There are  some huge trout in Two Mile. Some of these approaching 30". 20 years ago the lake offered some nice walleyes but those days are gone. There is a 36" walleye mounted in the park office caught in a gill net years ago. I did well on jumbo perch on deeper water off the points but haven't fished it for years. Recently I've trolled for walleye in the deeper water but all I caught were 14-18" trout on the crank baits and harnesses. The north end of the lake is silted in so badly that navigation is almost impossible.
2019/02/04 15:55:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
Uglystik right you are. I've heard many anglers refer to the huge Rainbows as Lakers.

I also know two guys that maintained the the gate on the spill box at two mile and at one time assisted with "diver certification" programs held at the lake.

It was common to hear of the "lunker trout" swimming in the depths of Justus.

PSU I don't doubt "splake" were ever tested at two mile, but I still wouldn't be surprised to hear the PFBC tried at one time.

Furthermore, over my many years of fishing and hunting, I find it more and more difficult believing any PFBC biologist even if, he/she were standing knee deep in dead gizzard shad, and reported a foul odor.
2019/02/04 21:45:36
CAPTAIN HOOK
A gill net ? WTF

Walleye fry are almost a waste got to stock fingerlings for better survival, but the PFBC like to throw numbers out instead of quality . I'd rather see all fingerlings stocked forget the fry even if it means less numbers. Their inland Walleye program is a fancy name for we'll be stocking way less Walleye in local lakes. They have really cut way back on Walleye stockings all over except Pymy !
2019/02/05 06:33:53
Ugly Stik
The gill net was used by PFBC to conduct a survey on the lakes trout. As I recall they found no natural reproduction. A word of warning. Some nice browns move up the creek feeding the lake in the winter. This creek is not an approved trout stream so winter trout regulations don't apply.
2019/02/05 08:44:41
psu_fish
Sigh. Holy spot burn.
2019/02/05 09:39:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
psu_fish
Sigh. Holy spot burn.

😂😂😂😂 It only hurts, for a little while. 😂😂😂😂
2019/02/12 10:03:56
treesparrow
I was told 2015 was the last Walleye stocking in Two Mile. There were fishermen who targeted Walleye in Two Mile. Few years ago a local angler who targeted big Walleyes there came real close to breaking the PA record. His fish was longer in length than the currant state record however only ounces lighter. Shame they quite stocking them. I bet them big ones gobble them Trout.
2019/02/12 11:43:29
fallschirmjaeger
I see pictures of nice smallmouth caught from that lake and hear tell there is a decent tiger population there.  I plan on giving it a try when hard water becomes soft.  Anyone have any musky luck in more recent years?
2019/02/12 12:19:02
psu_fish
I am just a wee bit skeptical when it comes to a 17lb walleye coming out of Two mile...
2019/02/12 16:31:48
CAPTAIN HOOK
Have to be a real fluke in Two Mile if true.......a 12 lb. Walleye is super rare in almost all inland lakes in Western Pa.....Allegheny yes...French Creek yes.... even Erie a 15lber is rare as Big Foot.

Do they still stock Tigers in Justice ? That's another stocking program fading from the PBFC fast !
I thought I read it was about done everywhere..... no Tigers , no Walleye, and Trout cut way back too....what the hell ...we keep going backwards on fish programs more and more......sad

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account