2015/10/14 07:46:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hey Captain I'm learning and taking your advice too!   LOOK, it's 7:30 AM and I'm out of bed. (probably 7:45 am by the time I get this stupid comment on the board)   Any advice on how I find; this early in the morning, where I last parked my boat .......?  
Geez..........  the sun ain't even up yet!!!

Uhhhhhhhhhh, now that I look at the pictures again, most of the time, you ain't in a boat either!

2015/10/14 09:08:56
CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm impressed !  Remember persistence pays off..............sometimes.

2015/10/14 13:38:04
solitario lupo
stop showing off captain. haha great pics guys thanks for sharing
2015/10/14 16:14:26
jat1007
heading up to ny this weekend, prob gonna fish oo and maybe 18  mile,  hopefully ill be able to get into some browns and kings! still waiting on my own muskie tho... persistence will pay off... hopefully.
2015/10/15 00:17:52
CAPTAIN HOOK
I'm a photo nut.... can't help it. Good luck JAT....see ya when you get back ! Tell the meat man when he can catch fish in the Niagara he'll move up a notch on the scale ! Good old Burt Dam...aka...18 mile....combat fishing at it's finest but it's stacked with fish ..... but that's not the true 18 mile in NY.

The true 18 mile creek
2015/10/15 03:22:43
BeenThereDoneThat.
I would never............  ever................. go fishing for the fish I'm seein in these pictures.... never!  I don't own a big enough net.

And sumpthin else too...............  the sun ain't up at 3:30 am, neither!  What's up with that?
2015/10/15 19:14:46
Big Tuna
Good old Burts Dam,thanks for the memories. I fish it when snagging was legal. They had hard hats on,surf rods and Michigan crickets. They could believe Pa. guy's fished for them.lol
2015/10/16 00:48:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
I remember those snagging days on the NY creeks. We never snagged because we mainly chased Trout after snagging season. Those weighted trebles were bad news not only to the Salmon but fishermen as well. Made me sick to see all those dead huge Brown Trout laying in the creeks back then.

This is almost unseen now days. This little amount of fishermen at Burt.

Spent many years on this creek.......The Oak

It's the late 80's in this photo....keep fishing Ed no crowds coming for a few more years ! Lots of water in those days!

Look at all the water then.....picture # 2 same spot on the Oak

Mystery fishing hole .......What NY creek is this ?

2015/10/16 13:07:48
marco
I had 2 cottages on 18 mile for 8 years.  Fish and hunted that many times.  Great place to pike fish also.  My buddies have been up there all this week fishing.  Very few people and water is low but they are still catching some beautiful fish.  Still own a couple lots by the marina. may retire there someday.  the new York taxes and left wing guns laws chased me out.  too bad because it is beautiful place to hunt and fish.  great memories!
2015/10/17 06:49:27
CAPTAIN HOOK
It is a nice area.....lots of apples and cabbage too !  The falls is the start of this creek...........Lyndenville

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account