2015/10/07 19:31:39
Big Tuna
I never fished the Niagara,or the bar at the mouth,because I'm not a big lake trout fan but sure looks like fun. I did fish the big pond out of Olccott and at the time I caught a 19.7 lbs steelhead than beat the Pa state record.lol wrong state but what a fish. We caught huge numbers of steelheads trolling off the microwaves 35 feet down on the riggers. Our best day was 47 hookups with 31 to the boat. Nothing like the late August early September king run we spent two weeks camping fishing the derby and cold packing salmon at night in the pressure cooker. We'd been home 80 to 100 pints of salmon every year.We had a lot of fun and work on those trips.
2015/10/07 19:38:48
marco
shot many ducks and caught fish in same same place ..awesome pics!!!!
2015/10/08 00:18:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yes it's loaded with Sea ducks, they fly just above the water in front of the boat as we travel up and down the river. Here's those cold days I was talking about. Now days I don't care for cold weather and wonder how did we enjoy fishing that much......but we did ! Insanity fishing at it's finest ! 
Time to launch the boat it's a cold morning boys !

Were heading down river

Made it to Fort Niagara

Never know what you'll catch in the Niagara in Winter  a "reel mix "

Beautiful River Brown

Even Walleye bite

What are we doing here it's 15 degrees today !
I got it were catching fish ....... we'll you are Spanky !

I'm cold just looking at these more too come................Captain Hook & Co.
2015/10/08 00:59:35
BeenThereDoneThat.
Now them there first pictures, Captain, brings the true meaning to "Ice Fishing".  What's the limit on them things?

I'm sorry, I've not been myself lately.
2015/10/08 14:56:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
walcat
Last time we went out fishing in weather like that we caught almost 50 lbs. The wife tried to fry it up and almost drowned both of us !!!        

walcat
You guys were just plain NUTS !!!!!!!!   

Look who's calling who..............."Nuts"!!!!!!!    

2015/10/08 23:48:41
CAPTAIN HOOK
More cold fishing ............

The launch is a little jammed up now...............

Made it in, now figure how to get it trailered ...we finally did took some effort.

Ice cold Smallies too !

Cold fishing from shore.....

2015/10/09 00:29:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Yep............... Walcat IS right............  your nuts AND you look like your having wayyyyyy toooo much fun!

Great story Captain.......  
2015/10/09 00:42:17
CAPTAIN HOOK
That's about it for Niagara got lots more pictures but I'll save some for future posts. Never kept Lakers we mostly kept a few Steelhead for the smoker and some Browns for roe. Big Tuna, you know what it's like on Ontario boat trolling, the action was and is great. We trolled somewhat over the years but drifting is our cup of tea! Those big Lakers love to hug that bottom and can be stubborn to bring up top side. Shore river fishing is crazy fighting fish in the strong current pull. I told my friends that fighting a 10 lb. Niagara Steelhead from shore is about the same as a twenty pounder anywhere else. They use that current to their advantage and you will lose an average of about 50% of hooked Steelhead from shore, due to their power jumps, super runs across the wide open river, and the powerful boiling current bending your rod . Good gear, and strong tackle, is a must here. If you have landed Steelies in the local tributaries as I have, you still have no idea how powerful these fish can be from Niagara shores. 
FISH ON !

Time to hike out..... this fishing day's over .

2015/10/10 12:40:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Walcat, not that I'd ever admit it but, I gotta agree with ya on this issue.  BUT, just this issue and, while we're on the subject of showing pride, how come I ain't seeing your Avatar being changed as per past conversations.

Last but not least, regarding a comment made on another thread................ !

Have a good day and tight lines.
2015/10/12 16:13:51
jat1007
heres some pics of my own, not quiet as impressive as some of captain hook's but i'm working on it!

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account