• Northwest PA
  • Beware fishermen & hunters Ticks are active ! (p.3)
2019/05/02 21:55:25
crappiefisher
 Ticks & these things seem plentiful this spring...
2019/05/02 21:59:36
crappiefisher
2019/05/03 06:21:10
bassackwards
rsquared
About treating dogs - I am a HUGE fan of the Seresto collar.  Been using one on my two labs now for over a year, and ZERO ticks on either of 'em.  Only one hunts, but we are in some of the most tick infested areas of Butler and Armstrong County for pheasants and ducks.  

6 years ago, I had to put down my first lab because of Lyme disease.  I was using Advantix on him b/c it was a little cheaper.  Vet told me back then that it was NOT waterproof.  May have changed by now.  

On the Seresto collar, they are good for 8 months if they're dry.  6 months if your dog's a water dog like mine.  Can usually find 'em with a rebate or on sale at Agway or Tractor Supply for around $55.  

Pulled one outta my gut last week.  I hate those things!  

+1.....these are a great item. My little sh** is allergic to most all topical flea and tick medications, and the Seresto collar has been great. No reaction to it, and it works better than any topical or ingested medication we have tried. I just take it off when he and my lab swim or get bathed. They seem to be effective for the entire 6-8 months. 
2019/05/03 06:34:54
ICE NUT
All the products seem to work on the dog they wont bite the dog but they will jump on the dog and then on to you or your vechicle or home.All the otherproducts for humans somewhat work but not entirely. You almost have to wear a hazmat suit anymore to keep them off you.
2019/05/03 13:56:05
Just dug out my second tick of the spring from my thigh this morning.  Did I mention I hate those little sumbeeches?
2019/05/03 15:43:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
But Dave, them little fellers, is so darned cute!!!

Say hello to my little friend 😁😁😁

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2019/05/04 09:33:23
olds-Pa
Just in time for this thread, State Representative Brad Roae posted an article about the being aware of ticks. Here is some timely help on getting yourself and the tick tested for Lyme.
https://www.ticklab.org/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.ticklab.org%2f&utm_campaign=State+Revenues+Higher+Than+Expected
2019/05/08 07:54:27
Big Tuna
Freezing ramps work just fine....... I've been transplanting ramps for the last 3 years in my side woods next to my yard. They come up every year but I haven't harvested any.....saving them till I'm to old to tramp the woods...lol.....I don't dig as many,once dug there done,I cut a ton at ground level....leave the bulbs to regrow next year....they reproduced by seeding.....
2019/05/08 17:57:23
thunderpole
I'm a tick magnet pull a few outa me every year sorresto collars on the dogs sawyers for me

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account