• Northwest PA
  • Beware fishermen & hunters Ticks are active !
2019/05/01 08:46:27
CAPTAIN HOOK
Well I had my first bad tick experience two days ago....had one completely embedded in my stomach area ! Couldn't even see it ...showering at 11pm. noticed a red mark and small hole ....ugh ...a fricken tick !
Played around awhile but no luck ....off to the emergency room . Doctor numbed me up and started digging. Claimed last year was bad for ticks and this year looks worse . Not sure but I think when I was in the woods picking Ramps / wild Leeks for about an hour he nailed me or night fishing . Should have spayed myself but I never gave it a thought ....so heads up all !  
2019/05/01 11:31:29
Springer73
I haven't had any attach yet, but picked 3 off of me already. I'm afraid take the pups out for exercise, can only imagine how many they'll pick up.
2019/05/01 14:27:10
DarDys
Just the opposite here. Have only seen two on the pointers this calendar year and they run every day.

I’ll take it that way.
2019/05/01 14:37:27
psu_fish
Ticks are everywhere in Venango. Better spray down with sawyer's if you are going to venture into the woods
2019/05/01 16:02:56
BeenThereDoneThat.
Suddenly, I'm feelin itchy...... ewww.

"Frontline Plus" for "Mans best friend".
2019/05/01 16:50:36
Walleye jigs
Treat your clothes with PERMETHRIN, then forget the ticks and skeeters!
2019/05/01 18:21:33
solitario lupo
Been spraying myself with off. None on me but dog had a couple gotta stock up on some peppermint oil.
2019/05/01 19:09:54
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pulled one out of my thigh about 2 weeks ago. I've been moving rocks outta the woods and must have picked it up then. Pulled 2 off the dog the same week. Seems like the status quo around my area any more. I usually look at my pants every few minutes in the woods this time of year, but got lax while I was working. Nasty little shats!
2019/05/01 19:11:24
EMitch
Like BT said, Frontline + or Advantix. Yeah, ya gotta do it every 30 days, but there simply is no reason for a dog (or cat) to have fleas and/or ticks. Not treating them nowdays is like cruelty to animals.
2019/05/01 19:30:13
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
EMitch
Like BT said, Frontline + or Advantix. Yeah, ya gotta do it every 30 days, but there simply is no reason for a dog (or cat) to have fleas and/or ticks. Not treating them nowdays is like cruelty to animals.

My pooch gets treated, but was not quite do when I pulled the little buggers off her. She swims a lot, so maybe that shortens the lifespan of the advantix.

By the way captain, hope you're at least enjoying those leeks. Picked a bunch Sunday. Tried transplanting half of what I picked on my new property so I can have a patch of my own one of these days.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account