2008/07/15 12:49:22
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Wonderd if anyone had any information on where I can find a map of conneaut lake that would show me water depths and basic structure of the lake. I have a boat i got loaned to me and have been out a few times on conneaut, but haven't had much luck.  I know its a pretty deep lake, and I don't have any fish finder so a map would at least help me narrow down some places to target.
2008/07/15 13:59:23
Ymmit
Here is an old map

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2008/07/15 14:53:16
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Thanks Ymmit.  Headed out there tonight w/ the girlfriend.  Hopefully this helps put us on a few fish.
2008/07/15 15:05:26
Ymmit
No Problem, I will be out there tonight also.
2008/07/15 15:12:22
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Have you been doing very good out there?  Was out last week week w/ my dad and his buddy trying to find some crappie/big bluegills.  Ended up catching a few small perch and 2 keepers in about 4 hrs of fishing.  Seems to be the luck I normally have there.
2008/07/15 16:00:35
Ymmit
Not much luck here either. Although I don't really know what I am doing. I am just getting into fishing the last 2 years. I live about 3 miles from the lake and have a dock there so that is why I go there mostly. I have caught a few bass, allot of bluegill, and some crappy near the new aluminum docks near what the map is calling long tree point. Other areas of the lake all I catch is bowfins.
2011/01/27 17:36:24
chrishinesg
hey guys, i hate to just but in but i was thinking about heading south from erie this sat to fish conn lake...what techniques should i try to increase my chances...im used to keeping my bait close to the bottom in water up to about 30 ft...should i look for a certain depth of water or are the fish susppended under the ice at certain depth...any info would be greatly appreciated
2011/01/27 17:49:11
D-MAC
Drive another 10 minutes and go to Pymy.......
2011/01/27 19:33:15
chrishinesg
thats funny....this was the plan until hearing that they havnt been catching anything over there...do you have other info that i may not be getting...hearing that all the usual spots are dead...tuttle/manning
2011/01/28 15:00:54
eyesofsteel
heard the same thing about woodcock, PI bay, and few other places.  the old saying comes true should have been here yesterday...    fronts, moon phases, temp, and pressure both barometric and fishing all play a role in the bite.   they got to eat sometime right?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account