2011/01/18 10:08:31
beerman0303
Why do people expect more than 12 minnows when thats what they pay for. Its not just this thread, I have seen it posted on numerous others. True, some places will give you more than a dozen, but you should consider that a bonus, not expect it from everyone. On the other hand, if they count out 12, you are not getting "RIPPED OFF," you are getting what you paid for. I'm sure that any of the small business owners on this site would take offense to one of their customers claiming to be ripped off, when you provided what was agreed upon at the agreed upon price. OK rant over, sorry!!
2011/01/18 10:31:51
doubletaper
i wish i can get a few extra bottles of beer from my friendly beer dist. when i buy a case!
2011/01/18 10:44:14
woodnickle
Just cut the minnows in half.
2011/01/18 14:30:06
B.HINES
Okay heres the bottom line:

PI Angler "Emerald Shiner dozen" = 24+ MINNOWS for $2.50
BAC "Emerald Shiner dozen" = 12 MINNOWS for $3.00

These are FACTS.
2011/01/18 18:05:25
ToothyCritterGitter
IMO, A dozen minnows is more based on the WEIGHT (the shops buy it in weight not count), not meticulously counting 12 minnows.  I like BAC but I agree with the masses...  It's greedy...  A dozen minnows is not 12.  Crawlers, grubs, etc is a little different.  You don't have the loss.
2011/01/18 18:30:08
chrishinesg
beerman...if you want 12 minnows for $3 when you can get more for your money then go right ahead. i, and about 250 million americans, look for the BEST DEAL. its the AMERICAN WAY. all this thread was started for was to awnser a simple question about bait shops so enjoy your dozen(12) for $3 from BAC when you can get a "dozen" (20-30) for $2.50 elsewhere.
2011/01/18 18:37:48
saltydog
I would rather give an honest business man a thousand dollars, than give one dime to a guy that's gonna stick it in as far as he can go
2011/01/19 08:11:12
beerman0303
I don't begrudge anyone for looking for the most value, I do it all the time. In fact, if you don't you are just plain wasting money. But that is different from waht people are saying on this thread.

1. "I got 2 dozen minnows, and when I only got 24, I questioned the low count. The count is not low, it's 24.

2. IMO a "dozen" is based more on weight. Wrong, a dozen is, was, and always will be 12. Lots of business buy their inventory in differnt units from which they sell to customers, how the bait store buys it's bait is irrelevant.

That being said, I don't blame people for going elsewhere, I would too, just don't make it sound like this place is ripping people off, cause they are not. I don't even know anything about the bait store in question, it just seems to me that a lot people what something for nothing.

Imagine its quitting time at your job. Your boss says, "Hey at the company across the street, the guys work 10 hours, so stay for two more for the same price." I can only guess where you guys would tell him to stick it!!! LOL
2011/01/19 13:27:31
bubbaman
as soon as the law was changed about transfering emerads out of the erie water shed the price went up everywhere. the old supply and demand thing. It's. If you are buying large suckers or shiners then I can see counting, but emeralds or crappie minnows are bought by the pound or netted from the lake, maybe we should ask for 8oz or a lb and save the bullcrap from the people behind the counter at bac.when you ask about why they count each minnow.wich comes out to 25 cents per minnow, every one needs to make a living, but I think selling more tackle is a better buisness than selling bait, I always thought bait was to get customers in the door, tackle and supplies was where you made your profit. Heh it's their buisness, but myself and quite a few others won't step inside their door!
2011/01/19 19:12:00
fish whisper
maybe catch your own? creeks are loaded at the mouths on the east side tribs with them. I go to any creek around there in my waders and get 5 dozen in 5 mins

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account