2011/01/29 09:37:45
slabfinder
God darnit! Coyotes are in right? I'm not sure why I have this bird dog on my side, officer! Is that feathers sticking out of your back pocket?
2011/01/30 22:19:46
Blaze
Realized Friday night that grouse ended earlier than small game so went squirrel in the am. I see them all through deer but instead saw 15+ wood peckers and a whole lot of snow but no furry tails. Went to outflow later Saturday afternoon, water was at a trickle and crystal clear. Threw the creek chub for about an hour or so at the base so with little luck. Labatts was bitn though. Also, had to stop while 40+ turkey crossed German Hill Rd. on my way back to camp. They didn't even wave thanks. Till next time.
2011/02/01 16:16:52
muskiemeat
Gotta let em soak!
2011/02/01 17:55:05
blaze16412
cant wait to shoot some turkeys at camp this year
2011/02/01 18:32:51
slabfinder
This thread reminded me of a first date. Leaving you with some pent up frustration! I'm glad the scenery was nice!
2011/02/01 18:43:38
startinout
Got a buddy who has a camp on German hill. His uncle does pretty well on the muskies in the creek certain times of the year
2011/02/03 13:27:14
ROCKHARD
GREAT MUSKY HOLE,,   caught a few small ones thru the yrs,,,,  i like 5" grub ,red /white on a 3/8 oz. head,,,, i probably left 50 lbs of lead on bottom,lol,,,,,,have fun
2011/02/03 16:37:45
fish whisper
I'm not familiar with the area but if some would like to meet up or head down from Erie to fish it we could work something out? I make my own bucktails and clousers for them. PM me if interested
2011/02/03 18:16:11
Blaze
Lots of snags if you're using jigs there. I fish the rocks that cross the creek just below the outflow and run lures right up through the fast water. Have had several follows right up to my feet but no hits. 'fish whisper' it's easy to get to and access. This time of year is good because no one is fishing. Come spring and summer you'll need to get there early or get there about dinner time to get a spot on the railing. (railing is best access to net a big toothy monster) I also free float crayfish there for smallies right down the outflow slowly retrieving my line in. This prevents snags and is as natural a drift as you can get. This spring I want to break out the fly rod and walk the special regs section down to the river with some big bucktails just for fun.

-
Blaze

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account