2011/01/25 13:28:48
bingsbaits
There are some bruisers in that lake....
2011/01/26 10:37:38
stumpkiller
Outdoor, there was any where from 5 to 8 inches, some places were hard walking with 1 to 2 inches of slushy water on top the ice, others were solid ice. Noticed about 8 groups of people, most left around noon.
2011/01/27 01:43:11
Outdoor Adventures
Good enough for me . Hope to get there soon. Thanks alot .
ORIGINAL: stumpkiller

Outdoor, there was any where from 5 to 8 inches, some places were hard walking with 1 to 2 inches of slushy water on top the ice, others were solid ice. Noticed about 8 groups of people, most left around noon.

2011/01/27 11:51:42
psu_fish
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

There are some bruisers in that lake....

must be easy pickings for them musky with all of the pelletheads stocked in that lake
2011/01/27 13:22:36
bingsbaits
You should see some of those trout fed skies in there...
Also some very large trout are to be had if you can find them.
2011/01/27 22:20:23
stevepf
It's been awhile,I had a Musky hit a trout that I had hooked.It' didn't last long and I edned up with a busted line.
2011/01/30 13:19:52
NeFiShNeTiMe
where is this lake at? sounds like a half way deicent spot to try out.....
2011/01/31 07:26:05
gary3414
The lake is outside of Franklin. I was there yesterday. The middle of the lake near the swim beach has a foot of water on top of the ice. The ice thickness varies all over the lake. I found spots that had 6-8 inches of good black ice then found spots that had 3 inches of cloudy ice and 3 inches of black ice. Near shore there were a lot of places that only had 3 inches of ice. It is a little scary standing on 3 inches of ice where the water is 40 feet deep. But it was even scarier stepping down and finding a foot of water and not knowing if there was good ice under it. One person went through the ice near the boat launch yesterday. They got to close to the open water where the creek comes into the lake. I did catch three nice brown trout between 14 and 16 inches. 
2011/01/31 08:14:33
Pork
Yeah, someone went through Saturday as well...
Don't walk toward the open water guys....the ice is thinner there.
At least the it's under a foot deep in most of that area.
Still a good way to ruin your day though. Please use caution.

The wife & I tried off the beach for a while Saturday with nothing happening.
So we moved up to the boat launch to give it a try. 4" ice / 12" water where I was...weird.
Caught a lot of browns from 8-16". Never fished like that before, vex was useless, just watched down the hole.
I figured the boy would have a ball, so took him & dad out there Sunday morning & it was like someone had shut off the switch.
He still managed to get a couple, but it was nothing like Saturday.
Ah well, we still had fun.

2011/01/31 08:26:23
chrishinesg
wow one foot of water...would have never thought to fish that shallow...thanks for the good report

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account