2011/01/28 13:41:33
walleye taker
I see the DCNR is still going to keep Tuttle camp ground closed again this year. Thanks Mr. Park manager for screwing up vacation again this year for hundreds of campers.

And I also have a question why is it that the DCNR can open the gate to Tuttle's for ice fishing but keep the gate lock for the spring and summer guys. That way we can still launch from there. That would make access to the lake a lot easier for people that still fish that end of the lake.

I think we should all call the park office and asked them to open the boat ramp at Tuttle this year.( Considering we the PA residents have bought and paid for it.)
2011/01/28 13:51:40
papermouth
well said  walleye taker i agree. i was under the impression the ramp was open
2011/01/28 13:57:25
papermouth
walleye, where are you launching from now? we will be fishing out of linesville this year again. just to let you know (if you remember last spring i was out of work due to a plant closure) well things are good again back working like they say things have a way of working themselves out. last year i was pretty stressed. i'm pappy go lucky again!
2011/01/28 14:15:23
walleye taker
Paper Mouth

That is good news I am glad things worked out for you. And I hope your crew is doing well also.

I launch from all over now that the park is closed. Last year we drove to Wilson's and launch from there a good bit. It is a long drive but even a slower boat ride to fish for crappies now. But I would Rather drive the truck and make better time.

So your going to make linesville home again this year I hope the weather is better this year then last. Heading to Cabela's tomorrow with my Mom & Dad we are ready to go. this weather sucks. Picking up some new worm harnesses for walleye that we lost last year. I can't wait to get on the water.

I will be taking my camper up sometime in April and the boat soon after for the year. I just ordered a New F250 6.7 diesel should be here some time in march. I am ready to go.
2011/01/29 14:42:01
papermouth
congrats on the new truck. hope to see ya on the water soon!
2011/01/29 20:03:06
chrishinesg
just fished tuttle for the first time today and cant believe that area wouldnt be available for fishermen to access the water during the summer...what a joke
2011/01/29 21:59:46
petrulak
how did you do there today?how was the ice?
2011/01/29 22:04:09
Denny Crane x2
Ice at Tuttle was 8 or 9 inches of good black ice with an inch or two of frozen snow on top.  Caught a few crappies & a few perch.  Marked a lot more fish on the south end of the lake later in the day.
2011/02/25 11:23:59
drill4gills
if you are going to tuttle just turn left when you get to the gate that's manning BOAT LAUNCH . what makes me mad is the lack of care tuttle campground gets , they must not mow at all because my first time in after they opened the gate this winter i could not believe the bunchgrass grown up this lack of care will only lead to higher reopening cost and many problems surrounding the extended closure . they the park management should start a rotation of campground closures so no individual campground would be closed more than one year i e open tuttle and close linesville on an alternating basis year to year
2011/02/25 12:31:36
walleye taker
Thats the plan. They will never reopen the park. The park manager has wanted it closed for years and has continued to let it go down hill and will do so until it will cost to much to reopen.

You should see it in the summer I walked back in last summer and they were not mowing it. At the beach area there is small trees and jagger bushes already starting to over run the place.

What a waste of the tax payers money. I hope this guy is out of the park system soon for that area he has done nothing but run all the camp grounds down but jamestown. Which seems to be his pet project.

Also he gets to live and stay in a house payed for by the tax payers ( when you cross the dam the house that sits on the left coming from james town ) why does he not pay rent.

And I have driven by that house and have seen him in his drive way many times during the weekday washing his boat. At around 1:00 pm in the afternoon. Why is he not working.

I keep hearing he is going to retire soon I hope so!!! Then maybe we can get someone that cares about the place and maybe reopen tuttle.

What a waste!!! I.M.O

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account