2011/03/03 16:29:56
eyeassassin
good idea bings let me know what day that is i am bringing the video camera
2011/03/04 10:32:48
rmcmillen09
I,m bringin my surf castin rod I can reel in a 12 foot aluminum boat with that anchor and all
2011/03/07 17:05:18
eyeassassin
anyone been down there yet i bet the water is really high right now
2011/03/07 17:18:45
Big Tuna
The higher the better,more current more eyes. The more you spot burn this place the worst it will be. If people don't like the way things go there,don't talk about it or go there,Just like last winter someone (on this site) who I will not mention turn Jamestown into shanty town.It was a nice place one day the next 45 shanty's. Thanks guy,just for a few nice crappie and perch you turned into nutsville.
2011/03/07 20:48:35
SmMouthSeeker
Oh, the heck with all of it. I'll do my usual thing. I'll get all fired up and gun hoe about it, I'll make the drive up there only to  see all those people there, become discouraged, then head to the Spillway Restaurant and order the Walleye dinner for around 9 bucks. No lie!!! 
2011/03/07 21:52:09
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: Big Tuna

The higher the better,more current more eyes. The more you spot burn this place the worst it will be. If people don't like the way things go there,don't talk about it or go there,Just like last winter someone (on this site) who I will not mention turn Jamestown into shanty town.It was a nice place one day the next 45 shanty's. Thanks guy,just for a few nice crappie and perch you turned into nutsville.

spot burning? Is what goes on at the spillway over the next month or so a secret in your mind? Tons of people already know about it. Some people are willing to put up with the hassle to catch the fish, others just complain about it.

I hear what you're saying about ice fishing but at the same time it's not like you're trolling the area. You're picking a spot on the ice and then sitting your a*s down. Who cares if you have company?
2011/03/08 05:51:35
wolf
How can you spot burn anyplace now adays with the internet,this aint the 70's,every place has been burned to a crisp.
2011/03/08 08:14:15
Big Tuna
Tastytrout I've been doing it since 1970.and back then only locals a handful of locals did it,not everybody knows about it till now.As to ice fishing you must not do it,or you would understand being covered with fishermen and all the noise.I travel 80 miles one way and like to get the best chance at getting fish,in 09 great crappie bite and 3 eyes over 8lbs on vibe-e. This year first ice great then just so so.I'll see you on the wall. Oh by the way the eyes through the ice had the vibe-e in there mouth and on there cheek,so are they ok to keep?
2011/03/08 08:59:51
Bogeyjoker

ORIGINAL: Big Tuna

so are they ok to keep?

No...and that's been my position since 1970....
2011/03/08 09:40:30
TastyTrout
Tuna,

Maybe back in 1970 it wasn't that way.  However, as already mentioned it's 2011 and we use the internet.  Everyone at this point in time knows what goes on at the spillway.  It's even in the newspaper.  You may want to write them a letter so they know to stop giving away all those secrets that only you and a few have.

As far as ice fishing goes it's a 125 mile drive to pymatuning for me and I do it quite frequently.  Being around other fisherman doesn't bother me at all.  I guess it's a personal preference.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account