2011/02/23 12:07:50
eyeassassin
i agree with wolf i have fished the linesville area a good bit and i will say one thing.  the local guys who fish there during the week are alot more honest than the weekend warriors.  I have seen days where local guys and myself have thrown back quite a few eyes cause they were snaged.  but on the weekend it is a whole different beast.
2011/02/23 12:40:51
TastyTrout
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

TT sorry to include the few "fishermen" that actually go there to legaally take some eyes.
Just seems the snaggers out number the good guys by a good margin..

I hear you bings.  I'm all for for the game commission posting up at the spillway to watch over everyone.  Not only would it prevent people from snagging fish but I'm willin to be it would serve to prevent a good portion of the violence.
2011/02/23 14:37:13
frost
when the fish cops are sitting there, it doesn't keep people from snagging, it just makes them hide it better.  I have watched them actually net the fish as deep as possible so they can try and pop the hooks out so they can pull the "it was hooked in the mouth till it was netted then they came out". 

it really does make me laugh when you release a 20+" eye that was snagged in the cheek (no hooks within 2-3" from the mouth) and the others gasp like "you" just broke the law or something cause they keep them hooked in the tail even...
2011/02/23 14:40:24
TastyTrout
That's a shame frost.  I've never been there when the fish po po were there actually watching people fish.  The stop by for a few minutes occasionally and everyone knows they are going to leave, but I figured if they camped out things would change.

I guess as honest anglers we have to take matters into our own hands somehow.
2011/02/23 22:30:06
eyeassassin
well we will see if i can catch anything friday. i am wondering if it is to early but i seen them caught there earlier than this. Cant wait for the 3 day weekend
2011/02/25 10:31:38
drill4gills
you don't have to be on the wall to catch eyes go to the left or right side and use a floater 1 foot off with a big crawler not every hookup will be an eye but you might catch the next state record carp try to cast to the center of the channel they shift in then out and back in in schools saw this on my 3D hummingbird a couple years ago
2011/02/27 20:53:23
eyeassassin
are you saying keep it a foot below the float or a foot off the bottom
2011/02/28 19:03:10
crappie guy
Once the show starts maybe anyone who sees someone snagging fish can post a picture of them her. Like wanted posters in the post office in the 1800's.
2011/03/03 15:53:17
eyeassassin
that would be a good way to tick ppl off lol.  i will be back up in 2 weeks and i plan to put some eyes in the boat
2011/03/03 16:06:21
bingsbaits
Mabee some of us should show up with our flyrods.
With my casting stroke I can clear out a pretty good area...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account