2011/02/23 10:04:52
rapala11
psu, i am almost certain it is single-hook. every available game warden is dispatched there in the spring, which leaves other areas wide open to snagging. i hear the mahoning river below berlin dam is quite vulnerable to snaggers in the spring because of this.

wolf, i remember back in the mid 70s, during the arab oil embargo, when guys were shoulder to shoulder on the ohio causeway bridge. some would put bar stools against the railing and spend countless hours there. one guy from cleveland had a net with at least a 12 foot handle to net fish. one night as he swung the net across the railing, a car came an spun the net and him around. never did see him again. we would fish on the rocks with raps and jigs and watch the circus above and down from us.

2011/02/23 10:17:38
wolf
Tastytrout,go for it they been working for decades
2011/02/23 10:19:25
wolf
gotta love pymo
2011/02/23 10:25:36
TastyTrout
ORIGINAL: rapala11

psu, i am almost certain it is single-hook. every available game warden is dispatched there in the spring, which leaves other areas wide open to snagging. i hear the mahoning river below berlin dam is quite vulnerable to snaggers in the spring because of this.

wolf, i remember back in the mid 70s, during the arab oil embargo, when guys were shoulder to shoulder on the ohio causeway bridge. some would put bar stools against the railing and spend countless hours there. one guy from cleveland had a net with at least a 12 foot handle to net fish. one night as he swung the net across the railing, a car came an spun the net and him around. never did see him again. we would fish on the rocks with raps and jigs and watch the circus above and down from us.

The guys there have came up with a better idea to "net" the fish now.  They tie a long rope to each side of a orange milk crate and put a 10 pound weight in the bottom.  You drop it down and it goes underwater.  Then you pull it up to "net" the fish and pull it up.  Very clever actually.

2011/02/23 10:37:28
wolf
God love the internet.I cant wate to see all these young internet savy kids stumbling around pymo in the dark
2011/02/23 11:03:30
rapala11
wolf, been happening for decades. they all get cold, get skunked, and are never seen again.
2011/02/23 11:03:58
bingsbaits
TT sorry to include the few "fishermen" that actually go there to legaally take some eyes.
Just seems the snaggers out number the good guys by a good margin..
2011/02/23 11:11:13
Big Tuna
Thanks I'm one of them!  Good guy that is !
2011/02/23 11:30:29
wolf
you really cant say the snaggers out number the good guys.maybe at the spillway but the lake is 17,000 acres.there is alot of decent people that come from that area.and they did not have the internet to learn from.they walked and boated that lake,nobody gave up their secretes.
2011/02/23 11:52:47
wolf
and by the way,alot of you guys are reading this and thinking ,wow this is easy pickings,well,have at it,cause this is fishing.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account