2011/02/21 10:33:11
eyeassassin
thats what its all about.  I bet that kid had the time of his life fighting that carp.  great pics love to see the young ones enjoying this great sport
2011/02/21 14:22:55
justhavinfun
when does all this start. never fished there but used to feed the carp as a kid. Would like to go up and watch the show.
2011/02/21 14:46:53
rapala11
john, are those snag-marks under that walleye's belly .

2011/02/21 15:31:29
TastyTrout
ORIGINAL: justhavinfun

when does all this start. never fished there but used to feed the carp as a kid. Would like to go up and watch the show.

It really gets to be a madhouse after the ice in the area starts to really thaw.  Most of the time it's not even worth trying to get a spot unless you're willing to camp out starting at midnight just for the morning bite.
2011/02/21 15:42:45
chrishinesg
i have to check this out...never heard of it before...im all for a couple of puffy-chested morons beating each other senseless...but to start throwing rocks and fireworks...wow...i have to see this
2011/02/21 15:44:03
chrishinesg
someone please let me know when all this fun starts and ill grab the vid cam and make the trip down
2011/02/21 16:04:28
eyeassassin
right around the 2nd week in march is when it starts to get good.  also watch the post gazette online and read the fishing reports when they start saying they are catching them everyone and their spouse will be there on sat trying to catch something.  In the yrs i have been fishing there i have seen fist fights, guys throwing rocks at boats and the guy in the boat pointing a flare gun at the guy throwing rocks.  ppl argu cause they think that an eye hooked in the tail is legal cause it was going after the vibe.  and you have got to love the guy that shows up with the 18ft noodle rod and stands way back behind everyone and fishes then hooks a carp and tangles everyones lines up.  and the best being when you catch a fish and move away from the wall to take it off the hook and measure it and an amish guy goes right into your spot and will not move.  oh the fun time are almost here
2011/02/21 16:46:44
woodnickle
ORIGINAL: eyeassassin

thats what its all about.  I bet that kid had the time of his life fighting that carp.  great pics love to see the young ones enjoying this great sport

Ya my sister was holding onto his belt loop so he wouldn,t go in.lol

As eye said, it gets pretty crazy on that wall. Home made angled boards are a must to save the feet.
Had Skip there a few years back, he didn,t get to fish till 4am.
2011/02/21 18:03:55
eyeassassin
i bet.  there have been times when i hook into them carp and feel like i need someone to hold my belt so i dont go in. 
2011/02/22 08:15:27
chrishinesg
sounds something like the steelheaders at the mouths of the creeks in erie...seen a couple people pushed in off the wall at walnut....i got out of that style of fishing a while ago because of the violence so ill head down just to see the madness...make it a day of fun for the whole family

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account