2011/03/23 22:18:22
Hefalump
Hey nysteelieguy,

Your post caught my attention because I used to fish for Big Browns when I lived north of NYC. I was most successful in the Fall... Mianus River, CT, Cross River reservoir, and especially below the **** on Croton Falls Reservoir. My arms were wasted taking Browns on wet flies below the **** in the no admittance area. That was back in the 60's... today is now... Spring... and I'd bet you can still be successful!

If you can afford a guided trip.. do it! Several years ago, I paid a guide for half a day on Lake Erie tribs and learned more from him than I had in the previos 10 years on my own! You may not take a Big Brown... but you will learn alot for the Fall!

Mike
2011/03/23 22:22:04
Hefalump
Forgive my ignorance... I mispelled dam and got *****.
2011/03/24 02:34:42
nysteelieguy

ORIGINAL: Hefalump

Hey nysteelieguy,

Your post caught my attention because I used to fish for Big Browns when I lived north of NYC. I was most successful in the Fall... Mianus River, CT, Cross River reservoir, and especially below the **** on Croton Falls Reservoir. My arms were wasted taking Browns on wet flies below the **** in the no admittance area. That was back in the 60's... today is now... Spring... and I'd bet you can still be successful!

If you can afford a guided trip.. do it! Several years ago, I paid a guide for half a day on Lake Erie tribs and learned more from him than I had in the previos 10 years on my own! You may not take a Big Brown... but you will learn alot for the Fall!

Mike

I've caught many big browns on the Ontario tribs. This is specifically about the Allegheny River and learning some new water.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account