2011/04/13 02:55:36
nysteelieguy
ORIGINAL: ready2fish

The only downside to that would be all the kids who have parents that only take them out at the beginning of the season.

I don't trout fish anymore, but when I did, I enjoyed watching the kids catching fish.

I forgot about that. Great point!

With yesterday's rain, they should be pretty high again, but at least they should clear by Saturday. But looks like big rain for sometime Saturday.
2011/04/13 15:56:38
ready2fish
They are high, really high! It rained here nearly all day yesterday, then alot of the night, then more light rain today.

I looked at the Allegheny, French, Upper Two Mile Run, and Oil Creek. All are blown out. Someone's row boat was even floating down the Allegheny today, it was upside down. I assume it came from a camp or house somewhere North of Oil City, maybe it was tied off or beached, and with the rising water it floated away.
2011/04/13 16:08:57
psu_fish
East Sandy is blown out too
2011/04/13 16:53:51
Kreamy
my bro in law wants me to come up to oil for the weekend with him and his family, but i dont want to waste a weekend up there if oil is blown, because its not like i will be able to go wherever i want or anything so ill be stuck in a cabin all weekend with a bunch of screaming kids.... so whats everyones thoughts on oil being high saturday? with or without the rain thats supposed to come through on saturday
2011/04/13 17:22:04
Eriefisherman69

ORIGINAL: Kreamy

my bro in law wants me to come up to oil for the weekend with him and his family, but i dont want to waste a weekend up there if oil is blown, because its not like i will be able to go wherever i want or anything so ill be stuck in a cabin all weekend with a bunch of screaming kids.... so whats everyones thoughts on oil being high saturday? with or without the rain thats supposed to come through on saturday

Remember YOU Used to be one of those Screaming Kids Maybe you still are?
2011/04/13 18:05:16
beeverfishing

so whats everyones thoughts on oil being high saturday? with or without the rain thats supposed to come through on saturday

Chances are the creek will be high and stained.. If not mud...
We are to have a cpl nice days, but we have received a lot of rain..With more expected for the weekend...
2011/04/13 20:43:11
Kreamy

ORIGINAL: Eriefisherman69

Remember YOU Used to be one of those Screaming Kids Maybe you still are?

Who pised in your cheerios this morning? I just asked a question****head
2011/04/13 21:01:11
ready2fish
Oil Creek will remain high and brown for the weekend. We got ALOT of rain and the run off hasn't even stopped yet. Over 1/2 an inch of rain is forecasted for Saturday.

Why sit in the cabin, Justus Lake is close to Oil Creek.
2011/04/13 21:14:57
troutslammer
oil is at 2500 cfs right now and almost 5.5 ft. fishable is arround 3' and under . watch the usgs on friday and make a decision or call oil creek outfitters and tell him that you are planning to come up from out of town and need to know stream conditions. I would venture a guess it will be high and very off color. smaller streams in the area might be ok but oil takes a while to run off because of all the feeders
2011/04/13 21:41:57
AndyLee
Oil is completely blown out right now, but no rain is forecast until Saturday.  My best guesstimate is that the water levels will come down to about 1500 cfs and 4.5' by Friday night, which is still un-fishable.  The heavy rain on Saturday and Sunday will ruin the creek for about another week.  It honestly might be May before Oil is at a decent water level.    Like I said, I have fished Oil Creek on opening day for about 25 years and Ive never seen it this bad a few days before the season.   I'm packing more beer than gear this year, as I don't think even the smaller creeks that feed into Oil will be worth fishing.  I usually stay at our camp until Monday or Tuesday, but I'll probably just go up for Friday night and leave Saturday night at this rate. 

Totally bummed right now!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account