2011/04/09 10:29:04
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: troutslammer

i hope all aproved trout water are raging rivers blonw out for the first 2 weeks of season ! no fishing until the first of may !!!!!!!

What's the reasoning behind that trout?
2011/04/09 17:04:33
troutslammer
by then the trout won't want anything but bugs !
2011/04/09 19:34:36
nysteelieguy
I'd have to assume he means that by then , most of the amatuers will have hung up their Zebcos, ergo, leaving more trout for him.

An excellent choice, sir! I concur in spades! Let the streams run high and muddy!
ORIGINAL: TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: troutslammer

i hope all aproved trout water are raging rivers blonw out for the first 2 weeks of season ! no fishing until the first of may !!!!!!!

What's the reasoning behind that trout?

2011/04/10 09:45:24
ready2fish
The only downside to that would be all the kids who have parents that only take them out at the beginning of the season.

I don't trout fish anymore, but when I did, I enjoyed watching the kids catching fish.
2011/04/10 22:47:09
chrishinesg
opening day is more about hanging out than catching fish so it really dont bother me how the water is....high and muddy, people leave...low and clear, people catch their 5 and leave....as long as the clowns are gone by 10 so me and my paps, bros, nephews can have a good time
2011/04/11 05:46:31
babe
I aqgree with trout. i hope that the creeks are either blown or they are so low and crystal clear that the fish will be spooked by all the 10 pound test line that the guys are using. from the sounds of it ,trout you are a fly fisherman too. there is nothing better than taking a trout on a fly . i just seems to easy to catch those pelletheads on bait. lets all prey for the perfect water condition for the opener
2011/04/11 15:01:45
ready2fish
Streams are coming down. Most of the smaller ones are fishable now. They should hold unless we get a soaker.
2011/04/11 16:00:53
psu_fish
Trout season is like the Olympics...most people care for about two weeks
2011/04/12 19:18:42
AndyLee
More like 2 days.  I swear 90% of trout fisherman go the opening weekend and that is it.  I'd be willing to bet about 70% of them go the first 2 hours of opening day and then hang em up once they catch their limit.  I always find it remarkable how much the streams have emptied out by lunch time on opening day, then you have a skeleton crew out of Sunday morning.  After that, the majority of fishing pressure is done for the year.  I go to some very nice and heavily fished trout streams in May after the 2nd stocking, and it's only me an a few random other people on the whole stream.   I love it!
2011/04/13 02:35:53
bigben7
bluefox vibrax if the streams are high

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account