2011/04/19 07:28:23
tippecanoe
Fat
2011/04/19 08:47:12
AndyLee
ORIGINAL: TransAmWS6

you took a picture of the mount to show off.....shoulda just took a picture of the real fish when you caught it to show off, then the fish could still swim. lol

Can we just instantly ban every annoying a-hole that cries whenever somebody keeps a fish?  You weren't going to catch that fish if he threw it back anyway.   If you are so against killing a fish, don't be a fisherman.  Do you really think 100% of the fish you release survive anyway?    Naive. 
2011/04/19 10:21:05
wolf
nice fish
2011/04/19 10:54:57
Flying Fish
ORIGINAL: AndyLee

you took a picture of the mount to show off.....shoulda just took a picture of the real fish when you caught it to show off, then the fish could still swim. lol

Can we just instantly ban every annoying a-hole that cries whenever somebody keeps a fish?  You weren't going to catch that fish if he threw it back anyway.   If you are so against killing a fish, don't be a fisherman.  Do you really think 100% of the fish you release survive anyway?    Naive. 

I agree Andy.  To each his own.  It is inappropriate for people to beat up someone for doing something that is completely legal.
2011/04/19 11:10:52
fishmeup
Very nice fish!!!!
Transam GO FLY A KITE!!!!!
2011/04/19 11:11:48
flynut

Nice fish and a excellant mount, you do what you want with the fish the licence, it does not say C&R only.
2011/04/20 00:13:55
CAPTAIN HOOK
Just for the non believers we have released plenty of trophy fish for others too catch throughout our years. Here is a sample I don't usually share ...............Me and my Son...............  http://outdoors.webshots.com/video/3081301980051395656WPRvTt
2011/04/20 08:53:36
TastyTrout
Captain Hook....don't feel the need to justify yourself for keeping that fish.  It was a nice one!  Guys are always going to rag on people for catching fish but the reality is we each have a choice.  Like you I'm not interested at all in a replica.  On another board (about muskie I believe) someone mentioned snapping a picture of a huge buck and getting a replica for the wall mounted.  Funny how many people have different opinions about keeping fish and killing the deer.

I think you made a great choice, whoever mounted it looks like they did a great job, and that's going to look awesome on your wall!  Congrats again!
2011/04/20 09:10:04
Bigpikeguy
WOW what a great looking Mount!!! Thats a hog of a fish too!!!
2011/04/20 16:04:06
wade alexander
looks like a nice fish, i dont know anything bout them tho i know stripers get big not to keen on hybrids and whatnot

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account