2011/04/21 15:23:12
Billy35Litt
With wading, it's hard to target crappies. They have to come to us, in a sense. We sometimes see them surfacing and we'll tie up a jig and float it. We typically wade for walleye or bass and if we get lucky enough to see them school, we'll target them.

Best bet for crappies is a boat and hit the onion fields or red cross areas. As far as the weather, if you can get to them, you could probably get them to bite. The cold rain might chase them to deeper waters, unless they are on nests already.

Someone else probably knows more, like I said, we don't target them too often.
2011/04/21 16:20:46
jholl68
im going up for walleye tonight beings we already got flood warnings for tomorrow and the next day.
2011/04/21 16:25:14
Pork
I'll be out there the next 3 evenings...you guys better not steal my spot!
2011/04/21 16:38:49
jholl68

ORIGINAL: Pork

I'll be out there the next 3 evenings...you guys better not steal my spot!

tell me where its at and ill be sure not to be there.
2011/04/21 21:31:40
Billy35Litt
Everything is so saturated right now, a drizzle will cause flood warnings.  Just hug the shoreline and watch out for rocks and roots!!!
2011/04/22 06:16:51
Big Tuna
The peak has past but still some fish,fished thursday night into friday 3:00 am,I just got home now.Picked up 3 keepers and 5 shorties it was slow.Chart. Rap F-11 with some glow paint added on the belly.It was a bit nippy,almost like ice fishing without the ice.It was my last trip for wading,but it was a very good spring run,a ton of  fish for next year.
2011/04/22 09:27:34
Billy35Litt
Last night's northern winds probably slowed them down some, too.  You are a brave soldier braving that kind of weather!!!

Hopefully, with the winds shifting from the south later today, it will help the bite some.

With declining barometric pressure, southern winds, overcast, choppy weather....I'd be surprised if we didn't catch them today.

We normally don't use Rap11s, but I definitely have a few with me just in case!!!

2011/04/22 11:01:56
dustydoo
Thanks to everyone,waded the tune for first time last night. Took a couple freinds,landed two one 13" one 18",lost one as lifted lure out of the water. Was a nice night,Thanks for posting all the help!!!!
2011/04/23 08:41:58
Billy35Litt
That was fun....rain, wind, cold, snow.  The winds pounded from the east all evening and that storm system shut everything down.

We did catch one (21 inches) and he barely had any milk coming out.  He was also feeding because he swallowed the **** lure!!!  I have to agree, spawning is all but done. 

It's no longer "easy" catching the walleyes for 2011!!!
2011/04/23 13:15:43
TastyTrout
Eyeassassin and I fished Thursday and Friday in all that weather. It was brutal out on the boat. We only managed 3 keepers, some crappie, and a few perch. Eyeassassin caught the biggest fish of the trip and his personal best for Pymatuning...26 inches.....looked like 35 inches when I was netting it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account