2011/04/26 12:18:16
eyeassassin
how did the .4 work?
2011/04/26 12:19:16
LakeErieMonster
well he was a-running and I only caught half his body so the pic might be blurry
2011/04/26 12:23:03
eyeassassin
gottcha, i thought maybe it was roadkill or something
2011/04/26 15:18:14
Cold

ORIGINAL: LakeErieMonster

fished two hrs. at my rock, almost fell in, caught two. One on a waxie and the other took half a crawler I picked before going out

went home, hate the rain, but I counted 67.4 deer on my way home. I'll get the pic up later.

2011/04/27 11:21:21
JEB
I agree, that I like C&R/CPR fishing for trout most of the time. It depends though on when & where I'm fishing. If it is ice fishing then I will keep some, lake fishing in the early season as well, these waters recive additional spring stockings. If a stream gets 2 or more inseason stocking, then yes I might consider keeping a nice fish, more fish will be put in. But, if the stream only gets one or none (Mill creek in BC only gets a pre) in season stocking then I'm 99.9% CPR. My dad eats all that he can, none go to waste and I do keep some early season fish for him. I just like to put the fish back so fish on that certain water will last longer.
But the law is the, and it's perfectly legal to keep your limit and I have no issues with the law, just prefer to not see a limited stocked water get cleaned out in 2 days.
Just my thoughts on the matter....
2011/04/27 11:58:03
ShutUpNFish
The PAFC stocked thousands more fish today!!...just sayin'
2011/05/04 03:39:16
bigben7

i fillet a limit now and then. ive had many folks say they like mine that say they dont eat trout. 

2011/05/04 08:40:43
Dr. Trout
Yummy.. now that looks good...

BTW.. In talking about folks keeping trout and those that C&R ...

I think we all would agree that what I saw on Monday was a "no-no"

In the parking lot someone had taken the time to push a small branch thru the gills and let a Brook Trout hanging from a tree branch for all to see... now that SUCKS !!!!
2011/05/04 16:22:22
LakeErieMonster
why? those pellet heads are junk..  hang em' all.  kill them right away rather than stringing and letting them suffer

or gill blast them like most here do... or rip your 10 pound test last piece of crawler and then throw them back

the indians were proud of their catch butt.. these guys are too.  I wouldn't doubt he was wearing Army Camo rather than Mossy Oak.
2011/05/05 08:43:15
bigben7
they are fun to catch. what you do w/ them is your decision.
 many folks dont catch as many as we do and are super proud. other anglers ethics` dont bother me too much. as long as they arent littering and following the regs they are just another angler enjoying the day.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account