2011/04/27 20:14:34
TastyTrout
ORIGINAL: bigbob

i was hoping to get up pymatuning this weekend. have they got any more boat launches ready? is the causeway closed for construction? thanks in advance. i may as well ask..........i will be with my 71 year old father, and all he ever wants to do is drift, drift, and more drift fishing. we were up a couple weekends ago and did not have much luck. was curious if it has picked up at all.

this info is as of last Saturday when I was up there....causeway is still closed for construction....my cousin and I drifted and only drifted and we managed to catch a bunch of sub legal ones, 3 keepers (one was 26 inches) and even a few crappie along the way.  Good luck!!!
2011/04/27 20:46:49
frost
As of today:  Causeway still closed.  Orchard docks were in as of last Thursday. However, launch gate is closed as of 1pm today.  Manning and snodgrass launches not in.  Causeway launch in but with 10+ feet of water between dry ground and the dock.  Water is extremely high!!! With today's winds coming out of the south straight up the lake, the waves were crashing on top of the causeway (made for a fun drive across to the turn around on the Ohio side).  Road closed just before manning (coming from causeway marina) because of water across the road.  Have not been out on the boat yet, so I can't say as to the fishing out on the lake. 

Again this was as of about 1pm today.  If we get more rain, it will only be worse as far as the high water and flooded roads go.
2011/04/27 21:09:35
Pymybass
Frost - did you notice if you could get to Tuttle ? with road closed to Manning? like to wade this weekend up that way but gotta be able to drive that way in order to do so.  thx in advance.  Mikastorm - 3rd post of 2011 if youre counting brother:)  
2011/04/27 21:24:29
frost
No, tuttle is gated off.  You can get to manning.  North Lake Rd is closed just before the stop sign (where the creek crosses).  To get to manning you have to come in on Fries Rd.  As for this weekend, I can drive past again Friday and see if they re-open it, it will depend on how much rain we get between now and then...

Also forgot to mention, the road behind the welcome in is closed from the dirt parking area on the lake side to the bridge.  The lake is up to the road and the waves were causing debris to build up on the road...
2011/04/27 22:17:43
woodnickle
Pymy...
2011/04/27 22:39:09
spg
I fished yesterday morning and put in at Jamestown.  Water is up to the road at the launch.  Another foot or two of water and the parking area will be under water.  Docks are in but you can' get to them.  Did catch 2 eyes and 3 crappies before the wind chased me off.
2011/04/28 17:58:04
pappyolboy
Tasty Trout if your thinking about coming up tomorrow forget it.
Frost gave a very good discription of Yesterday. Today it's worse.
Your Uncle Mike tried to get the boat in today, no luck. It's about 6:oopm.He's fishing the northside of the Causeway.I'll let you know
later if he does anygood.
2011/04/28 17:59:45
bigbob
wow...........yet another reason for my father to get frustrated.........the water being too high. lol i think we will wait till next weekend. plus my wife just informed me that our anniversary is saturday. almost screwed that all up. thanks for all the info.
2011/04/29 12:44:44
pappyolboy
All gates open today. Docks are all pulled out.If you want to lonch your boat,it's up to you. Bring your waders or hip boots.
9:30am winds out of the west. Waves 1 to 2 feet,cold rain on and off.
Just for a little laugh. My son ran over a carp going across
North Lake Rd. With his truck going to Manning Landing. I tried
to get a picture my batters where dead.
2011/04/29 19:49:54
spg
Cold rain is right.  Fished the south end this morning one nice eye and 4  really nice crappie.  Had to wear some gloves this morning, hands we aching like crazy. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account