2011/05/10 20:26:38
SCampbells88
Making an annual trip to your territory this weekend.  I know what should be hatching, but the question is, are the fish looking up on any of the surrounding streams of the Titusville/Tionesta area?
2011/05/10 21:53:54
troutslammer
rain forcasted for all weekend , oil creek is your best bet for bugs in the area. the fish usa outing is sunday at oil. caddis and maybe small BWO if the weather is sheety
2011/05/10 21:58:15
Loopy
Oil fished great the last two days. Of course it was mainly underneath. Not much activity on the surface at all. Should pick up though.
2011/05/11 01:03:37
SCampbells88
hm... idk if the crew wants to see me at the outing.. being new and all.

that is stupid to drive up there, front a bill for the weekend, when the forecast is rain and the bugs aren't even getting attention yet. 

might be a bust with copious amounts of beer and poker.
2011/05/11 09:15:59
RIZ
if you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never go fishing.  if you wanna fish, go fishing. use what ever techniques you want but go fish, you may surprise yourself and do something unexpected, like catch a fish on a nymph or "gasp" bait.
2011/05/11 10:05:49
navymanmmc
Was a HUGE hatch in franklin yesterday at the french creek bridge (i THINK they were mayflies). (im more of a worm and maggot type of guy not a bug guy)
2011/05/11 10:40:52
SCampbells88
ORIGINAL: RIZ

if you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never go fishing.  if you wanna fish, go fishing. use what ever techniques you want but go fish, you may surprise yourself and do something unexpected, like catch a fish on a nymph or "gasp" bait.

don't flatter yourself... I'll be fishing here in the southwest if the option is not viable.  With a mortgage, 2 car payments.. etc, I am not wasting my time away from home and gas when I could be throwing dries a few miles away from home.  ya know?
2011/05/11 10:44:24
doubletaper
tionesta creek has had a good hatch of caddis for the past week on sunny occasions but very few risers. with the higher than normal waters there must be a lot of food washing down and the fish aren't looking up.
the mountain streams have seen some midge and caddis also but not many risers.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account