Doc those will knock the snot out of the Steelies up on the tribs in Erie.;
And I hear Red Lobster has an excellent Tbone.;
2011/05/12 10:34:22
TastyTrout
Surf and Turf!  Emphasis on the turf.
2011/05/12 11:27:10
Dr. Trout
Bings ..

They worked good on the stocked Brookies ... I landed three on it .. then switched back to gold meal worms... others guys could see the pink and sparkles and kept asking what I was using

I agree NOTHING better than surf and turf !!!!
2011/05/12 12:23:02
SCampbells88
crybabies..  I'm not a troll by the way doctor.

i was being serious.
2011/05/12 12:59:05
ubertracker
ORIGINAL: SCampbells88

that fly is junk... crystal meth/spawn, whatever.. junk.  It will catch fish though, but a fly dude fishing eggs is like eating steak at red lobster. 

Its junk, but it catches fish? I thought the whole point of fly fishing was to tie something that mimics a natural occuring bait.. and fool a fish into taking it.. eggs would be a natural bait.. right?

Some people are allergic to shellfish..
2011/05/12 13:28:48
RIZ
88 suffers from an affliction called elitism.  it's a condition that affects those who wish to feel superior to others.  the symptoms usually manifest themselves by picking a hobby and determining that there is only 1 proper way to perform this hobby, in many cases flyfishing is the vehicle of this manifistation. elitism may also manifest into a more sever form of uber elitism where the affect party takes the hobby to the a more radical form of specialization, for example in fly fishing, using only dry flies made of natural material and only fished quartering upstream.   if you can't laugh at yourself you will never laugh with others.

88 don't take yourself so seriously, it only fishing.
2011/05/12 14:32:55
Cold
What makes any part of his post elitist? I don't detect a trace of it. If anything, it reads (to me) with a tone of 'dont let all the hype intimidate you, give it a good honest try, and work on technique and its really not that hard'.

The junk comment really is just objective truth. Doesn't mean that it wont work. It's a fly tied to just look ridiculous enough for a fish to have to sample, probably thrown together from the scraps of an egg-tying session. I've seen entire fly swaps dedicated to 'junk flies' made from parts of materials that most tyers simply throw away.
2011/05/12 17:22:38
RIZ
lighten up cold, it was said with sarcasm
2011/05/12 20:03:51
smallmouth76
I use a nonexistent fire tiger type of plastic billed wobbler or a rubber skirted 2 or 3 metal spinner thingamadoo to catch bass all the time. What's the difference.
2011/05/12 21:49:41
SCampbells88
ORIGINAL: RIZ

88 suffers from an affliction called elitism.  it's a condition that affects those who wish to feel superior to others.  the symptoms usually manifest themselves by picking a hobby and determining that there is only 1 proper way to perform this hobby, in many cases flyfishing is the vehicle of this manifistation. elitism may also manifest into a more sever form of uber elitism where the affect party takes the hobby to the a more radical form of specialization, for example in fly fishing, using only dry flies made of natural material and only fished quartering upstream.   if you can't laugh at yourself you will never laugh with others.

88 don't take yourself so seriously, it only fishing.

lol buddy, if you only knew, i doubt you'd be typing that...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account