2011/05/11 16:57:08
zman15214
Does anybody know if there is a public boat lauch in the town of emlenton on the allegheny river?  Any help would be appreciated!!!
2011/05/11 17:33:10
rippinlip
I believe there is one right under the bridge in Emlenton
2011/05/11 18:46:23
Pauleye60
Many moons ago, my buddy had an "A" frame camp on the left side and up-river from Emlenton. I don't remember a public launch anywhere near the town. We always just dragged our canoes from his camp and paddled up river as far as possible and then dragged them through the shallows. We always seined riffle minnies and hellgramites for bait. Beautiful smallmouth fishing with an occasional small musky or walleye, but mostly smallmouths.
2011/05/11 20:33:23
eddie spaghetti
There is a launch right downtown. Cross the bridge, first left (I believe), next left, and the launce is right under the bridge. I think it was put there by the local VFD, but it is public. It can be a rough launch depending on the H2O level. We pull the canoe out there, or put in depending on the trip.
2011/05/11 20:34:46
psu_fish
there is a launch in Parker as well if you cant launch in town
2011/05/11 22:06:08
zman15214
ORIGINAL: eddie spaghetti

There is a launch right downtown. Cross the bridge, first left (I believe), next left, and the launce is right under the bridge. I think it was put there by the local VFD, but it is public. It can be a rough launch depending on the H2O level. We pull the canoe out there, or put in depending on the trip.

Thanks for the info!  I was wondering why this isn't depicted on the flip open pa fish and boat commission map for boat launches.  I was just looking for a place to put in my 12ft 6 hp boat.
2011/05/11 23:55:39
camoboat
There right there is a launch under the bridge.
2011/05/16 14:24:36
bubblegumworm
I stopped there two years ago and though there was a public launch under the bridge I could not find a place to park. There were a few no parking signs and I never found launch ramp parking. Someone else might know better than me.
2011/05/17 11:52:51
kayak99
Yes a public ramp is there, under the bridge on the east side.  To my knowledge it's not an official fish comission ramp (VFD as mentioned above) so it's not on a lot of lists but it's free for the public.  As far as parking, during the summer when the water is low and the rocks are exposed, many people just park on the rocks, otherwise you'll have to find street parking.  If you're just putting in a canoe, there are a couple places you can park in the dirt halfway down the ramp.  People also park in the grass at the top of the ramp.

Putting a boat in can be tricky.  High water is fine but in the summer you have to back way out onto the riverbed to get any depth.

Parker is better.  Again, you may have to back way out and watch you don't fall off that ramp.  A friend of mine did once and they had to get a fire truck to pull him out.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account