• Northwest PA
  • I have colorized depth charts of 4 lakes (p.3)
2011/05/10 14:59:11
ToothyCritterGitter
the depth bands are marked on the maps if you zoom in (originals, not preview). and yes you could color one with a crayon. i did the work for you. again, could care less about praises. i've sent these out over 50 times and most of the anglers were appreciative and offered some tips to help my fishing. before this morning there were 1600 hits to the post. the vast majority of my interactions were positive.. if i sent you info in the beginning and don't have the other maps, i would be happy to. this is a work in progress. for the record, i shouldn't have had to do all that to please some of you people. but i'm not going to sit here and pretend to be a pinata.
2011/05/10 14:59:24
TastyTrout
Toothy...to each their own.  If you want to spend your time taking maps that already give you information and then coloring them so they offer even less information then by all means go ahead.  I simply let other anglers know that these maps aren't worth giving up tips for.  By posting "previews" of your maps you've proved my point and I'm willing to bet you shouldn't have that much interest from people trying to get those maps....they're uninformative.  If you're willing to spend so much time doing what it is that you do with those maps then you might serve yourself better towards putting that effort into something that will help you.  You certainly have the dedication level.

2011/05/10 15:01:12
ToothyCritterGitter
i added the color so i can easily see the lake structure on my smartphone. study the lake for areas to fish. this is not supposed to be the holy grail. jsut a view of the lake like a topo map. JEEZ.
2011/05/10 15:02:52
D-nymph
Wow, great maps. I don't need them because I like rivers and streams, but these are impressive!

Are you a professional graphic artist, toothy?
2011/05/10 15:04:32
eyeassassin
i was only giving my opinion on how you can make thes better.  I think the thought is great just needs some fine tuning.  lets say you exchange these with someone who does not have a color printer and they want to print it for their boat.  all they gets is a grey piece of paper.  I would be happy to exchange ideas with you and maybe we can come up with a map that tops all others you are more than welcome to pm me and we can talk
2011/05/10 15:05:40
ToothyCritterGitter
HA no, just acomputer guy who likes to fish.. i personally found them informative and the color made it easier to see the lake structure, especially on my droid phone.. ihave gps and fishfinder. worked great for ice season.
2011/05/10 15:07:06
ToothyCritterGitter
that would be fine, eye assasin. i have the maps with the gps points and all that. just haven't combined them yet.
2011/05/10 15:09:07
eyeassassin
i have some ideas when for you when you pm
2011/05/10 20:47:32
smallmouth76
If u buy a modern color sonar gps with a map card you get all that for the entire united states
2011/05/10 21:35:26
wade alexander
how bout you just dont post if you dont have anything nice to say lol  respect what the guy is doing hes just trying to help im sure theres better maps out there already... then use them if there better 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account