• Northwest PA
  • I have colorized depth charts of 4 lakes (p.2)
2011/05/10 14:46:18
ToothyCritterGitter
pymatuning preview.. you can decide yourself whether you want to trade info for the map..

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2011/05/10 14:47:09
ToothyCritterGitter
edinboro preview.. each shade is 1 ft.

Attachment(s)

2011/05/10 14:48:13
ToothyCritterGitter
wilhelm preview... you can zoom in closely on the full maps...

Attachment(s)

2011/05/10 14:49:04
ubertracker
Looks like a colored-in topo to me
2011/05/10 14:49:41
TastyTrout
Looks like you colored a bit outside the lines....opps.  In all seriousness how do you feel a map like that would benefit anybody better than the one in the link above that actually shows the different depths in numbers.  I'm just wondering in case I'm completely missing something.
2011/05/10 14:49:46
ToothyCritterGitter
conneaut lake preview.. each color is 10 ft from red to black. if you would like any of these maps, im looking for kinzua, woodcock, and tamarack.

Attachment(s)

2011/05/10 14:51:38
ToothyCritterGitter
the key to pymy and wilhelm isfinding the creek beds. structure.. if you don't know the lake at all, it's pretty informative... i guess to please you the fish must be swimming in the map... all im looking for are the maps i dont have and a few tips.. not money, not your praise, just the maps i need and some info to help my fishing... why do you care tasty?
2011/05/10 14:53:48
ToothyCritterGitter
again, in each of the maps, each color is a depth band starting from red being shallow (1,3, or 10 feet depending on the map).
2011/05/10 14:57:36
ubertracker
So you are basically taking a topo map, coloring it in, possibly adding a couple tips to the map that someone else gave you... sounds like spot burning to me.
If anyone planned on seriously fishing any of the lakes, I am sure they would locate a regular lake topo map, and I would assume they would have a fish finder and knowledge on how to use it. I think if they were looking for the creekbeds, they could find them with a regular topo map... right?
2011/05/10 14:57:52
eyeassassin
i deciede after i saw the map tastytrout got that i would not exchange for them.  Anyone who can seach the web can find these maps and better ones i respect what you are trying to do now maybe if you took your map and take out all the color and just use numbers add where they put the habitat management.  The colors make them look alittle cheesy and i am not trying to be disrespectful in anyway just giving my opinion.  So if you were able to take a nice contor map of the lake add the habatat improvent ment (the ones on the fish website dont give depth with the structrue)  maybe add some gps points and current flows.  then it would be a fishing map. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account