2011/06/11 09:59:48
kayak99
Gulp works fine in salt and freshwater. Couple weeks ago I used it in saltwater and did very well with fluke. I've used it for smallies and perch in this area and it worked well there too.

Couple tips, be careful not to let it dry out of it will be hard to remove from on your hooks/jigs, etc. If it does, just soak overnight in a cup/jar of water and it will soften enough to remove.

The same juice in one container is the same juice in another so if you are able, buy a tub and take the bagged Gulp out of the package if it dries out. Stick it in the tub till you use it again. For a day of fishing, instead of taking the tub, just put some in a sandwich bag you can seal for the day.
2011/06/11 18:58:08
SmMouthSeeker
I bought a package of the purple worms 4 months ago, I finally used them yesterday at Pymy. I fished them with a drop shot rig and Carolina rig too. I caught 2 lg mouths, the perch or something kept nipping at it. I only used it this one time and I thought it was ok, but I think I'm going back to using Berkley products instead.
2011/06/12 02:35:33
tull66
Gulp users, try the Slimer leeches. No comparison on catches, both are scented, Slimers are cheaper and have mucho action.
http://www.slimers.net/
Pick them up on ebay for less $$$.  I really like the chartreuse, but haven't tried all the colors.
2011/06/12 21:59:20
Fish5000
ORIGINAL: thunderpole

yea i havent tryed the alive verson personaly cant see spendin a twenty on them and i said AT TIMES its better then live bait not all the time and whats wrong wit the outdoor channel? for the record i dont watch much tv anymore wit workin afternoons but i love gulp forsure to each his own

I can understand the reluctance of some re: cost, but as written , they are available for much less . As thunderpole wrote , Gulp ,  like other artificials , will last much longer than live bait , hence overall cost is reduced . Another factor to consider , convenience . This will come into play when bait shops are closed or if hiking into an area and one wants to / has to lighten their load .
2011/06/13 00:41:52
pghmarty
Gulp shrimp are useless.
2011/06/13 11:48:45
eyesandgillz
Not to disagree Marty but, Gulp shrimp catch the bejeesus out of trout and reds under a popping cork in the Texas surf and bays.

Freelining a weightless one on the edge of pier lights at night really hammers the trout, too.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account