2011/06/10 01:56:03
thunderpole
just wondering what everyone thinks of it? i love it it is becoming one of my favorite baits different stuff worms minnows shad ext.iv been using it alot and for 5 6 bucks a bag lasts a hec of a lot longer then a bucket of minnows cheeper price wise
2011/06/10 08:50:00
Ymesss
Someones been watching to many fishing shows on verses lately... 
2011/06/10 10:56:47
eyesandgillz
gulp 1" minnies work great on crappie and gills. haven't dropped the $20 for the tub of the bigger ones to try for eyes, yet, but I spose that is next.
2011/06/10 11:06:50
Pork
I've had good luck with the gulp products. Carry 4 with me every trip.
1" minnies, fish fry (white), and 2 colors minnie heads. (chart. & glow red)
Both these 'eyes ate chart. twister tail tipped w/ 1" gulp minnies.
Size doesn't matter.
2011/06/10 12:33:19
Lovgren69
Some people seem to love them & and other guys will swear that they are worthless! Personally I've had great success on the Berkley Gulp line of soft plastics. The 3" & 4" ones are dynamite on a jig when the bite is good for bass and walleye! I won't go as far to say that they are better than live bait, because certainly each have their pro's and con's.

My only gripe is with the Alive series(The one's in the tub)-that the containers leak and make a mess. You would think that they could develop a better container which doesn't leak. The smaller packages that come in the bags and pouches don't seem to have this problem.

2011/06/10 13:00:39
Fish5000
I've only had two of the Gulp Alive tubs , but nether one leaked . FYI : Get them at the Allegheny Sport and Travel Show when it comes back in Febuary as you can't beat the price . It was somwhere around $ 9-$11 for the tub ! I've heard the same thing about Berkley Power Bait , people saying they're worthless , but that product works great for me , especially the orange .
2011/06/10 13:21:34
frost
I bought a bag of the gulp leeches to try and finally tested them out this past weekend.  We ran out of worms for the harnesses, so I put one of the leeches on and trolled that, I caught 6 eyes on one leech rather then the one maybe 2 on a live worm.  I don't know if it was the "gulp" or just that the eyes were on fire...either way, it was fun and next I want to try them drifting.
2011/06/10 13:44:22
thunderpole
yea i havent tryed the alive verson personaly cant see spendin a twenty on them and i said AT TIMES its better then live bait not all the time and whats wrong wit the outdoor channel? for the record i dont watch much tv anymore wit workin afternoons but i love gulp forsure to each his own
2011/06/10 17:02:33
troutguy
The only gulp I use is the 2.5 or 3in. minnows. Either in smelt or emerald shiner. They catch just about everything, trout, bass, walleye, catfish, crappie, and everything else that will eat a minnow. I use it on a jig or even on a plain hook with some split shot.
2011/06/10 21:59:14
fartsmadcrazy
my brother jesse uses gulp a lot but im more into live baits but he does real well on the minnows soaked in the juice working them on a jig

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account