2011/06/14 18:56:22
troutguy
I was fishing at the Geneva swamp for bowfin and the fishing slowed down so I tried to catch some bluegills(which I am usually very good at) but I didn't even catch one, but just about every other place I fish there are plenty. Are there good populations of bluegills and other panfish at the swamp? I caught a ton of crappie there last time so I know they're in there but no gills what so ever. I fished by the outflow area.
2011/06/16 00:44:02
slabfinder
check spawn sites, chances are their mostly on nests right now or even finished!?  I'm not aware of your conditions.
2011/06/16 10:10:51
troutguy
They could of been spawning, but probably elsewhere from where I was fishing at, because I didn't see any nests or fish in the shallows at all. And I was fishing from shore which limited the areas I could fish there. I did try deeper incase they were done spawning but that didn't work.
2011/06/16 11:29:02
JEB
All the bowfin ate them ! haha.. I've caught a few there B4 years ago.
2011/06/17 19:02:05
jmh58
Caught one today along with alot of crappies.. Some bigguns too!! John
2011/06/19 08:48:13
thunderpole
we took canoes out on the swamp yesterday tryed everything in the book worms minnies shinners raps spinners everything cruised all thru the swamp didnt catch jack had one bite not even a gill or bowfin we where goin for pike but nothing i dont think ill be going back any time soon
2011/06/19 14:51:52
troutguy
I also fished the swamp yesterday and out of the 3 of us fishing hard we managed 2 bowfin. We also caught a monster bluegill, which was the first we've caught in there.(it was only my third time fishing it)
2011/06/22 12:50:55
sunfishhunter
2 years ago in September I fished the swamp and was KILLING pan fish for about 5 hours. Pumpkin Seed and Bluegills. Nice sizes too. I had to catch over 50 of them. But, since then I've only caught a few crappie, and that was on one occasion using fatheads. I haven't managed a BlueGill since. What I've found with this place is if the bite is on, IT's ON...but if it's not it's going to be a long day.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account