2011/06/13 10:38:45
troutguy
For those of you who fish the spillway for carp in linesville, whats the secret to catching them? I've only fished there twice and it seems like the only people who are catching fish are the ones who are fishing right next to the railing where the chain going arcross is, and everyone else isn't catching anything, even if they're using the same bait(which is usually bread). I catch carp every once in a while at other places but it seems like here is a good place to get into good numbers of fish. Thanks
2011/06/13 10:57:35
frost
Right now the carp are spawning so there's not many at the spillway.  The only ones there are inside the wire eating the bread from visitors.  There are still some obviously, but not like there will be in another 2-3 weeks when the spawn is done and they all migrate back into the spillway are...

Bread ball on the bottom is the best for the area.  Usually starting the beginning of July starts the mad rush of carp in there...
2011/06/13 16:45:17
rapala11
another way is to buy a box of frozen corn and chum with it. after it settles, bait a size 6 hook with corn and cast into the chum circle. then hang on.
2011/06/13 23:07:40
Kokanee Killer
done that with my son when he was a little guy ....... thats how he learned to play a big fish lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account