2011/05/22 21:33:57
eyes362
Has anybody heard if anyone has been catching any walleyes yet. We trolled there yesterday from 7:30am to 5:00pm an never had a walleye bite. Caught a few panfish.Haven't fished the lake in years figured we give it a try.Any help would be great
2011/05/23 10:56:51
fryem
Yes, walleyes are being caught in two outings I landed 4 over 20 inches 1 sub legal. Also Bob at Fergies said he knows of a couple of guys who caught limits on the first Saturday. Getting skunked at Wilhelm fishing for walleyes can happen if I don’t have any in 3 hrs. I usually switch to bass or if any of my kids are with me we troll the areas (that the crappies, bluegills and perch where feasting on the tails of the crawlers) with a sinker and small spinner and more often than not will catch some really nice gills and crappies plus many smalls ones.

Send me a PM if you want more info
2011/05/24 15:34:15
outback
Lots of guys catching them this week. Most are trolling with hot n tots or a harness.A buddy and I limited out the first day nothing smaller than 22 the largest being 28 and 9 lbs. bite is a little spotty this week but we are still getting them
2011/05/25 17:05:28
eyes362
outback we fished anywhere from 7' to 15' with harnness. what deph should i be trolling if you don't mind telling me
2011/05/26 13:37:57
outback
most of the ones we caught were in 6-8ft of water. we made loops about 75 ft off shore, ran between launch 4 down to dugans then back up. light colored hot and tots seemed to work the best. fish just spawned late last week so this weekend should be a killer for post spawn females.
2011/05/26 18:52:41
eyes362
Thanks for the info. probably be there saturday. you headed out this weekend?
2011/06/05 12:47:30
outback
went from shore Friday and saturday night picked up 2 fri and 1 saturday all around 20" my boat fishing is done for now. My buddy moved south and took his boat with him. Some friend huh lmao a guy in a kayak was fishing the shoreline between launch 1 and the breast and caught a ton of eyes.
2011/06/14 07:08:30
zman15214
What is the best bait to catch the wilhelm walleye?  Worm Harness or a hot n tot?  I have been planning to go early in the am at 5:30 to start trolling for walleye there.  Any other tips on where the best places are to fish?  I heard between launch 1 and the dam near the center and somebody wrote on here between launch 4 and dugan run.  Are those the best places in the lake?
2011/06/14 10:23:12
outback
I have caught walleye on both hot and tots and worm harnesses, we usually try both till we find out what is hot for that day. probably 95% of all my walleye were caught between the marina and launch 1. Lately it seems hot from launch 1 down to the breast. And a lot of our eyes are caught shallow in the hottest part of the day.you can also try vertical jigging where the old rad beds cross the lake.minnow and leech tipped jigs work well.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account