2011/06/29 12:42:19
SevenMileShowcase
I've seen alot of posts in the NW section regarding streams in the North Central. Seems like more people get on and look at NW, just using some common sense.
2011/06/29 12:54:05
anzomcik
I am sure there are many people that would help you out. However you must ask clear questions. You should not expect great answers from poorly asked questions.

I also have to ask this because i am not follwing your line of thought here: The common sense you write about is a vague general question asking about water that is not in the propper section of the forum?
2011/06/29 23:14:38
SevenMileShowcase
Commmon sense : more people are on the NW forums. Creeks should all be the same whether its North Central or West. Weather moves west to east. Havent been following the weather or outflows, I've been working. I wasnt looking for a specific answer, just looking for a "Ya theyre good", or "where were you thinking". Thats all.
People on this site get theyre panties up in a bunch way too easily. This should be a stress free site. . . . It's about fishing
2011/06/30 01:38:39
wade alexander
alot of creeks are controlled by dams man... so it varys from area to area ur kinda borderline im sure some pple in nw know what your talking about but your kinda in no mans land east of tionesta...also ive seen more musky caught out of streams this yr than trout cuz i dont fish for trout lol
2011/06/30 05:39:48
anzomcik
SevenMile;

While a good rule of thumb is weather will generally (not all the time) move from a western direction (nw,w,sw) to eastern direction (se,e,ne), you cant assume that all the "creeks" will be the same across the state because of that generaliztion. Because Eries weather is different than Warrens weather, and different than Hawley's weather.. to prove this look at my link and follow the key on the map showing the discharge of the creeks in PA.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/rt

From just a few minutes of looking at the map i see the western part of the state the rivers are slightly above average their flow, the north central part of the state looks to be very low flow compaired to there average, and the eastern looks to be flowing very high as compaired to the summer average.

If your primary concern was the conditions of creeks in general that link will provide you with a much better black and white answer than asking opinion of others on a fishing forum. You will save time, and get more accurate answers.

A few tips when reading the out flows would be to try to fish when the water is stable or slightly rising, a fast rise or fast fall generally leads to poor fishing. If the flow is much higher than average generally there will be more color in the water. General rules there if you use this tool on areas you fish and check the site predict what the water looks like and go fishing soon in time you will have a good grasp of what you should expect the water to look like by just lookin at the site.

From the replies i have read on this thread it seems to me the only person getting their "Panties up in a bunch" is YOU. You might want to read how you replied to Wade after he asked about the kind of fish you were after. Not a good way to reply to your own thread. So even if you have been busy working, you will save time by using the link showing flows of the PA rivers to check water conditions. That means no waiting around for replys on a forum, and with the time you save you can go fishing longer. Clearly a win win!

2011/06/30 11:31:09
SevenMileShowcase
Ya well Im headed up tonight for sure. Havent fished for trout in weeks.
2011/06/30 11:45:09
RhnstnCowboy
Might help if you read Creeks? so trout

Obviously. Everybody knows that smallmouth, walleyes, musky, panfish, etc. don't live in creeks.
2011/06/30 12:10:50
SevenMileShowcase
I never wanted to know what everyone was catching. Again just how they looked and if anybody had any suggestions. Ohio States really falling to pieces
2011/06/30 14:49:16
wade alexander
lol its all good man... do any good?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account