2007/07/31 09:52:15
rapala11
still like pymy with some hp restrictions.  would not mind seeing 20-25. 
2007/07/31 10:15:05
northparklake2
why does pymatuming even have a limit?
2007/07/31 10:31:38
rapala11
why not?
2007/07/31 10:34:13
rapala11
went across conneaut lake saturday and sunday this week.  a fisherman in a 14-16 foot aluminum boat would not have survived.  it wasn't all that windy, but the waves were incredible from the ski boats and and watercraft.  no need to worry about algae blooms and pond scum on that lake, it never rests.
2007/07/31 14:29:57
northparklake2
I just dont see why there is any limit on a lake that size. open it up and let everyone use it.
2007/07/31 14:32:40
rapala11
i used to fish over at berlin and milton in eastern ohio.  pretty good size lakes with unlimited hp.  did not matter where we were, they found us.  pymy is between erie and shenango.   seems to be enough water for big and small in these parts.
2007/07/31 14:36:34
kayak99
ORIGINAL: sixers

Maybe, I miss quoted it.  In the past, I have paid a yearly launch fee to launch at Lake Arthur and my boat is registered in Ohio.  I paid my fee without any questions, it was about $15 . They checked my boat registration but since 9.9 hp's are not registered, they did not check that.  Indeed, I think you can buy the pass  on the internet at the state site. 

It is my understanding that this applied to all State Lakes ( non Federal).  Now Pymy is run by both so one does not  pay the fee to launch on the Pa side, I have asked about that to the Pa campground officers.

Sorry, for the lack of information, I am just relating my experience.

If you are registered in Ohio, or any other state, and the boat does not stay in PA beyond a certain number of days, you do not need any type pf permit in PA.
2007/07/31 16:00:22
spoonchucker
Kayak,

The only exception would be on U.S. Army Corps. lakes, which charge a launch fee regardless of registration.
2007/07/31 18:01:09
kayak99
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Kayak,

The only exception would be on U.S. Army Corps. lakes, which charge a launch fee regardless of registration.

Spoonchucker,  If you pay a launch fee when you put in, they pay a fee but as far as a permit, unless I missed something in the regs, I don't think that is correct:

FISH & BOAT COMMISSION LAKES AND ACCESS AREAS 1. Any boat, powered or unpowered, using a Commission lake or access area, must display a current registration or launch permit.

RECIPROCITY AND WATERS OF PRINCIPAL USE Vessels must be registered in the state in which the boat is principally used. If the boat is waterborne (including time at a marina slip or mooring) on Pennsylvania waters more than on waters of another state, it must be registered in Pennsylvania regardless of where the owner lives. Reciprocal privileges are granted to boats validly registered in other states for up to 60 days.

I'll email the commission to be certain but their regs do not say out-out-staters need additional registrations or launch permits.

2007/07/31 18:12:06
spoonchucker
Kayak,

You are right, there are no requirements for out of state boats beyond what is required of instate boats. I was just pointing out that he may be charged a launch fee on Army Corps. lakes, Pa. registered boats would be as well.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account