2007/07/27 10:04:50
sixers
Maybe, I miss quoted it.  In the past, I have paid a yearly launch fee to launch at Lake Arthur and my boat is registered in Ohio.  I paid my fee without any questions, it was about $15 . They checked my boat registration but since 9.9 hp's are not registered, they did not check that.  Indeed, I think you can buy the pass  on the internet at the state site. 

It is my understanding that this applied to all State Lakes ( non Federal).  Now Pymy is run by both so one does not  pay the fee to launch on the Pa side, I have asked about that to the Pa campground officers.

Sorry, for the lack of information, I am just relating my experience.
2007/07/27 11:24:11
Porktown
Anyone know if you can use those motor connector mounts (main motor to kicker) in restricted lakes?  I've seen people using them, but not sure if it was legal.  Do they want motors over 20HP completely out of the water? 

The only thing that I have ever seen is "The use of motor over 20HP is prohibited".  Does that mean for steering purposes as well?

Anyone ever use the Cabelas Tie bars?
2007/07/27 11:37:04
pghmarty
You can't start the larger motor.
2007/07/27 20:56:04
sixers
It use to be at Pymy that you had to take the prop off the larger motor.  I believe they have relaxed that, I never have taken the prop off my 25hp on pymy but just used my kicker ( a 5 hp) with that T-bar connection to the main motor to steer and troll with.

The Ohio rangers said that you could use the larger motor on pymy if conditions got bad and you were trying to get off the lake. However, this was one ranger and not in the law.
2007/07/27 21:14:48
Stillhead
I don't mind them checking at all.  Yes for years they let people get away with 18hp with 9.9 stickers. They finally changed it to 20 hp and now there's guys running 25's with 20 stickers. Come on, how fast do you need to go?    I was and still am all for them upping the hp to 20 and now I think they should enforce that.  There's no reason for anything bigger.
2007/07/27 22:58:00
pghmarty
Taking the prop off of the other motor will reduce drag a little.
People that like to tell others about running for 6 hours and only using 4 gallons of gas might notice a differance.
Disconecting and raising the cicker motor will make more difference if you have an underpowered boat.

2007/07/28 00:19:48
woodnickle

ORIGINAL: Stillhead

I don't mind them checking at all.  Yes for years they let people get away with 18hp with 9.9 stickers. They finally changed it to 20 hp and now there's guys running 25's with 20 stickers. Come on, how fast do you need to go?    I was and still am all for them upping the hp to 20 and now I think they should enforce that.  There's no reason for anything bigger.
I agrea with you. don,t really like boats blasting by me while I,m trying to enjoy the day.
2007/07/28 05:36:36
BIGHEAD
Well still I think the problem is that you can only by a 20 four stroke now! or be forced to buy a 9.9 or a fifteen in a two stroke. And I prefer a 2 stroke over the four stroke. But thats what i like  some people like the fours. Just like some people  like Pepsi and some like coke i like rootbeer! Seen the gamey's have a new prop boat. You hear the thing from a long way off.
2007/07/28 12:40:46
*commander*
sounds like somebody possibly blew past the wrong person. these guys running 20's and 30's arent smart enough to slow down when passing other boats. if the wco's are checking motors and are going to continue to check motors, there is going to be a lot less boat traffic on pymy and arthur. the wcos could possibly get 50-100 boats every weekend just from the guys that fish tourneys with illegal motors.
2007/07/28 13:29:41
*commander*
you do not need to remove the prop and dont need to have the prop of the larger motor out of the water.

imo if youre going to connect 2 motors together pay up and get the EZ Steer outboard to outboard kit. the cheap bars that fit in the front of the motors are rated for low mph. really only supposed to be used for trolling. they are to be removed at higher speeds. seems like a pain in the butt to remember to connect and disconnect all the time.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account