2007/07/26 14:25:32
pghmarty
There has to be a way to bolt a blower or at least a turbo charger on a 9.9.

"Injection is nice but I would rather be blown"
2007/07/26 18:11:15
BIGHEAD
Actually Boring out the motor real does not to much.Unless it is like 40 to 60 over. Most people bore out the motor to tighten things up. It will give a little more compression but not much more than that.I have played with many two stroke bikes before. wiesco piston kits with a bore to fit and reeds,carb kits will defiantly help.as far as using Airplane fuel will burn up a motor Unless you to do the above. I wonder how many people received fines last night????????//
2007/07/26 20:46:09
northparklake2
only use a higher octane fuel if you raise the compression. otherwise you are wasting your money. but using racing fuel shouldnt burn up a motor. the higher the octane the less likely to predetonate.
2007/07/26 21:10:56
pghmarty
High octane fuel and avgas-aviation fuel have different formulations.
It is not just a different octane.
Racing fuel has more energy/volume and will have more power.
Racing fuel has a totally different smell both raw and burned.
2007/07/26 22:12:34
Split Shot
This makes me sick! For years they knew that people were running 18hp. Tahatsu's on Arthur and no one did anything about it. Now, 1 guy get's stopped 2 times in one day.
2007/07/26 22:29:53
creel
Dave are they just checking the boats with 20 hp stickers on them, or checking all motors.  John
2007/07/27 05:29:46
BIGHEAD
John they were checking everyone that i seen. they are just doing their job. But just a bit annoying
2007/07/27 08:08:27
sixers
Remember the new Honda and Merc 25's are 3 cylinders.

I do not think that a 3 cylinder  would pass a minor  20hp inspection .

All ohio registered boats must pay a Pa, state lake fee at Pa state ( not federal) lakes like Arthur.  At that point they check the boatind/motor registration.
2007/07/27 08:46:26
creel
thanks Dave
2007/07/27 09:00:22
eyesandgillz
ORIGINAL: sixers

Remember the new Honda and Merc 25's are 3 cylinders.

I do not think that a 3 cylinder  would pass a minor  20hp inspection .

All ohio registered boats must pay a Pa, state lake fee at Pa state ( not federal) lakes like Arthur.  At that point they check the boatind/motor registration.

Umm, can you please locate the law that states this?  I believe if your home states registration is current, you are good to go in any PA lake unless you moor it there, then you most likely have to pay a fee.  I have been wrong before but, my relatives are from Cleveland and have their boat at our campground at Wilhelm and it is registered OH and they have never paid any additional fees to launch or use the lake at Wilhelm.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account