2011/06/22 19:57:00
**commander**
do what everybody has done for the last 25+ years and change the decal. just sayin'
2011/06/22 20:09:56
Esox_Hunter
ORIGINAL: jayamy75

Hi,
I just purchased a pontoon boat with a 25 hp Mercury 2009 4 stroke EFI. The lake I want to put this boat on (Lake Arthur) has a HP restriction of 20 HP. Have they been really looking for this? Is there anyway I can put 20 HP Decals on this motor to disguise it? Can I swap the serial number stickers on the transom as well? Has anyone done this and has it worked?

I'm just trying to get around spending $1000 to downgrade my motor when neither of these motors will push this boat very fast anyway.

Thank you,

So I am guessing this is you   http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/2452797700.html

If you can't meet the legal requirements to boat on these lakes, stay off of them. 
2011/06/22 20:19:27
**commander**
lakes would be mighty bare...and there would be no tourneys anymore. just sayin'
2011/06/22 20:33:37
Esox_Hunter
Sounds like a win-win to me

I really don't care, but it's not very bright to openly advertise your plans to break the law.  Between this post and the CL ad I am sure he has attracted plenty of unwanted attention to himself.

His next post will be whining about how the PFBC was picking on him when they decided to check the serial number on the 2009 Merc 4 stroke motor fixed on a 21' pontoon.
2011/06/22 20:34:53
**commander**
true all dat. just sayin'
2011/06/22 21:52:57
frost
I honestly wish they would check at the tourneys.  I have a 15hp kicker on my flat bottom aluminum bass boat and when a vee bottom with a 9.9, 15, 18, or 20hp fly past me like I'm sitting still it kinda gets the blood boiling.  I know my boat weights a little with the decking and the big motor, however there is no way a true 9.9 or even a 15 should blow past me and get the vee bottom up on plane. 

A law is a law and should be enforced.  I know people break laws, even knowing there are consequences, but they need to be enforced like traffic laws.  
2011/06/22 21:54:51
frost
also the fish and boat guys want to complain about lack of funds, well start checking and there's some income for them.
2011/06/22 22:18:29
**commander**
theyll check/fine the regular guys rarely but will never check/enforce a tourney. just sayin'
2011/06/23 08:27:06
eyesandgillz

ORIGINAL: frost

I honestly wish they would check at the tourneys.  I have a 15hp kicker on my flat bottom aluminum bass boat and when a vee bottom with a 9.9, 15, 18, or 20hp fly past me like I'm sitting still it kinda gets the blood boiling.  I know my boat weights a little with the decking and the big motor, however there is no way a true 9.9 or even a 15 should blow past me and get the vee bottom up on plane. 

A law is a law and should be enforced.  I know people break laws, even knowing there are consequences, but they need to be enforced like traffic laws.  

frost,
I have a 15hp on my boat (14' starcraft Vee) and it is heavy with a full floor, casting deck, 6 gallon tank and 3 batteries and I can get it up on plane when I am by myself. I have had it up to 17mph going downstream on the yough with a light load!

Personally, as long as the motor is within 5 hp of the max (and even a little more on a 'toon), I don't have a problem with it because those guys are fishing and not pleasure boating so it won't be a constant thing. They actually throw a smaller wake zipping by than if they were plowing.

But, to advertise it on here....only asking for trouble.
2011/06/23 10:04:01
bulldog1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account