2011/07/08 10:15:56
carpin06
Trout eatin waldo's!!!!!! how cool is that.....LOL....
Nice catch Doc.....
2011/07/08 15:52:42
Pork

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Usually use a Palomar or a Trilene knot for 99% of my fishing knots...

Nice fish Doc...glad to see you got a keeper.

FWIW, I've had bad luck w/ the palomar on floro.
I use it for all ties with braid...works great.
but mono & floro, I stick with the improved clich knot.
Trilene should do fine as well.
Just something about the palomar/floro combo that tends to slip in my experience.
Again, nice fish.
2011/07/08 16:28:05
Flying Fish
Nice surprise there Doc!  Congrats!

2011/07/15 11:25:32
FlyFishingPenrod
Really neat pics! You seem to get your fair amount of fishing time in Sir! Do you mainly fish the Clarion? If so, would you mind showing a newbie around sometime?
2011/07/15 15:31:10
SevenMileShowcase
Double Inverse Knot for flouro. Use it on all my reels and knots.
2011/07/15 17:22:28
Dr. Trout
FlyFishingPenrod ---

Wow == what a long username ????

I spend about 80% of my time fishing on the Clarion .. I love the fact that one can never be sure of what is on the line after setting the hook... been fishing it seriously for about 9 years now.. I kind of gave up on the "creek stompin"...

I have often suggested places to fish along the Clarion in E-mails and PMs... but rarely "meet" anyone anymore
to "show" places ...

several times the guy turned out to be a real AXX or never showed at all....

so I learned a lesson there

right now with no rain, the river is extremely LOW and warm ... you have to be able to find the deeper holes and runs to catch fish...

I hope to get some Clarion fishing in tomorrow evening...
2011/07/15 22:42:04
FlyFishingPenrod
I understand. If you ever change your mind just let me know Doc . I'm an older gent and would surely show up. Always wanted to fish the Clarion and it seems you know what you're doing! Keep up the good pics and all! Thanks

Penrod was taking for somereason by the way or btw like the kids say.
2011/07/16 00:08:26
spoonchucker
The was a fellow by the name of Matt Penrod around for a while that used it. It's been close to two years since he's posted, or even logged on though.
2011/07/16 01:06:56
wade alexander
nice hehe... ive been using triline knot with mono lately...pulling up trees with 8#... cool pics !!!
2011/07/16 09:19:13
Dr. Trout
In reading your posts I find it hard to believe you are an older fella, they appear more like a young "wipper snapper" fresh out of school pretending to be someone he is not ...

BTW as you kids say ... or as us older folks say .. by the way ...Is your first name Jim

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account