2011/07/07 14:10:27
malice6372
Over the holiday weekend got to get out on the canoe a few times. Saturday at Eaton, I got skunked, my brother caught a LM bass, small perch, rock bass and a small crappie. Second time this year I have been skunked on Eaton. Never had it happen before this year.

Monday went out again with my brother to Leboeuf, I caught one LM bass, brother got skunked.

Anybody else having no luck on the small inland lakes this year, or are we just really bad fishermen?
2011/07/08 07:56:58
Pachuckles
malice....Not to be smart but you already had two strikes against you.
1. ...the water/weather has been to warm. (fish are like people they don't like it hot)
2. ...the moon was an the wrong phase. (don't laugh it does make a diffrence) On 7/15-16-17 moon will be in our favor.

Cheer up...Fishing will get better when the water cools down again.
Chuckles
2011/07/08 09:22:56
fishin coyote
Pachuckles....Well if that's the case the wife and I must of hit home runs cause we crushed the crappies on a small NW lake on the 4th and on the 7th we got all kinds of different fish on Pymy.
Mike
2011/07/08 10:53:47
psu_fish

ORIGINAL: Pachuckles

malice....Not to be smart but you already had two strikes against you.
1. ...the water/weather has been to warm. (fish are like people they don't like it hot)
2. ...the moon was an the wrong phase. (don't laugh it does make a diffrence) On 7/15-16-17 moon will be in our favor.

Cheer up...Fishing will get better when the water cools down again.
Chuckles

I dont believe in the moon phase hokey pokey. I've never planned trips based on the moon cycle.
2011/07/08 10:55:15
malice6372
Pachuckles,

I do watch the solunar calendar, I checked the infisherman, I thought the dark shades were the best fishing? Have I been reading it wrong all this time? ARG!

I know the fishing gets tough during the dog days of summer, but I haven't had it be this bad. A couple of the worst days numberwise in the past 3 or 4 years for me.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account