2011/07/03 23:35:20
CAPTAIN HOOK
Sounds like a great trip but these are all local Muskies we caught. By local I mean Western Pa. I highly doubt you would ever see numbers like that here. There are good numbers of Musky around but nothing like that! Around here beleive me you can casts till your arm hurts and get skunked. Canada fishing is a lot easier compared to local fishing. I have friends who Walleye fish in Canada and catch 50 - 100 Walleye each in a day but when they fish here they are lucky to get 2 a day. Beleive me you pay your dues to land several Muskies a day around here. No doubt we had special event to land that many in a short span ! I always say " Timing is luck and luck is timing" !

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2011/07/04 01:05:15
avidangler
This week was the new moon, seems to help the fishing for me.
2011/07/04 08:25:00
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks ,all tips are worth noting. I'll give one tip out these fish were caught in storm front weather conditions.  This was # 8 , a 43" strong fighter this fish was a jumper in the night!

Attachment(s)

2011/07/04 10:04:19
ShutUpNFish
Nice job HOOK! Those fish look like a healthy clear strain of muskie. Congrats on your nights with your persistance paying off!
2011/07/04 10:35:03
Indian Summer
Oh I hear ya on the apples to apples. Pa muskies aren't easy. Actually they aren't easy anywhere but.... when the planets align and the window opens they ARE easy. ShutUpNFish had a day on Arthur where they caught.... I don't know... tell us Paul, like 12 muskies and they had to leave the lake by noon or so. If I remember right none were under 40. Days like that are like shooting stars. Heck of a thing to catch a shooting star so congratulations again!

W Pa is all I wanted to know. Just wanted to make sure they weren't dumb ones from Canada. LOL. Most Pa. lakes don't even have the potential to produce muskies like that so the choices are VERY limited.

Have you guys fished Chautauqua in N.Y.?

Who's your taxidermist of choice for the hog? If you remember post us a pic when it's done.
2011/07/04 11:02:28
CAPTAIN HOOK
Wasn't trying to beat you up on those Canada fish but it's a tuff game in these waters due to more activity. No doubt it was a special bonanza to hook up with that many Musky anywhere. I'm having Higgins Brothers out of Linesville doing the mounting. They are 30 miles away but well worth the trip. Chip Higgins did a beautiful job on a local Striper I caught. They are real good with fish mounts and are a couple of nice guys that have been around. That Musky I kept did have a ulcer scar that looked like the red disease on the left side so it's days may have been numbered in the future. Maybe this time next year I'll post a finished photo...........good fishing!

[image]local://14451/0053ACDE64DC441F9971B90DE2DE1AB9.jpg[/image]

Attachment(s)

2011/07/04 22:06:28
musky punch
holy crap.  yes.  i. am. so. jealous.  congratulations to the both of yins ... those are some BEASTS
2011/07/05 10:14:01
ShutUpNFish
It was 9 fish that Nov. Joe....9 for 15 that day - All over 40" with the largest being 46 1/2" and a 40" - 20lb. pike there in the mix....I believe we could have ended up with 9 more had we stayed. The next day we got 5 more. There were over 72 muskies caught in a weeks time period by 4 or 5 boats! Never saw anything like it again and its been 10 years or so now....My how time flies!
2011/07/06 17:34:24
Indian Summer
Flurries.....

One time Toni and I were in Sturgeon. Made a pass and accidentally went too shallow on a rock reef. When the Wileys banged bottom a fish hit. 43. It took me about 10 minutes to release her fish, get the lines back in the water, and circle around for another pass. bang another one. It took two hours to make that pass 12 times and we caught one on every pass. All over 40. Unreal. Lost a 50 plus boatside when the net caught the lure and she shook loose. Got back to back 46's on the next 2 passes. Trolled that reef a million times since. Trolled it two weeks ago. Haven't caught a single fish there since.

See you at Chautauqua and tell Dave my wife is gonna kick his butt..... again. Hammer time
2011/07/09 14:16:20
CAPTAIN HOOK
The other nite bite!   

Attachment(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account