2011/05/31 22:35:42
mopars0
Ya I'm heading up Thursday morning.....so leave me a few guys...ha..ha...  sounds like it's going to be a blast.....
2011/05/31 22:42:13
woodnickle
ORIGINAL: frost

Took the kayak out this afternoon and got into some nice crappies...kept 10 smallest 12 1/2 and biggest was 17 1/4 and fat too!!!  Also picked up some nice white bass that went home and some cats that went back in...I caught one cat that was 30-31" or so, talk about a blast in the yak...

I just got my tags for my yak. Going to hit it again....:)
2011/05/31 23:30:24
frost
When out on the pontoon this weekend with the family, we were trolling hot-n-tots and worm harnesses and picking up crappies, most however came drifting...I was drifting a 2 hook set up with a jig on the bottom with night crawler and a floating jig head with minnow... and my other rod was a minnow under a slip float...  today out of the yak was a minnow under a slip float...

Other buddies were picking them up drifting minnows also both on the bottom and under float depending on the speed of the drift...

As far as water depth, it didn't matter...seriously it didn't...we were catching fish in water from 5' to 18'...Saturday and Sunday on the south side of causeway, decided to fish there seeing we haven't fished south end in a few years, and Monday on the north end, leaving pontoon at Linesville marina for the rest of the year...
2011/05/31 23:35:17
frost
And Mika, anytime you want to fish out of the yaks let me know...I am going to try and make it out on the yak at least once/week if not more...I was out on it yesterday evening as well for a few hours after the family had left to head home...I love living up here now, no more 1 1/2 hour drive home to Pittsburgh after a weekend...
2011/06/01 16:28:30
toad01
who was it i saw fishing at the spillway in there kayak mon around 6 pm
you looked pretty serious with all that gear
2011/06/01 21:18:51
HCsteel
Hey mika that fellow looks kinda familiar, looks like a good time and some good eats.
2011/06/01 23:22:46
frost
That was me out there in the yak on monday...a net, 2 rods, a minnow bucket and some tackle just looks like a lot, but you should see when I have 2 doz decoys, shotgun, and a bag with ammo and calls and such, o and the dog...thats a lot of stuff...

I was going to take it out again today, but the wind was kicking pretty good so I decided to fish from shore...
2011/06/02 02:08:06
thunderpole
a men to that fellow quack fanatic loads of gear for the duck hunt but the spast few weeks iv been going up on the reg couple tines a week mostly at night fishing from shore been getting eyes every night pretty much and been getting in to those slappies around 5 to 20 a night 10 to 16in, depending on the weather and the night gota have some wind and some chop, useing minnows and jigs few on raps all eyes short i think i look home maby 20 tops all year ,when in hand if i dont know for sure it ant legal it goes back got proly 5 maby over 20 biggest 24 my buddy thats been going wit me been doin just as well
2011/06/02 09:53:48
woodnickle
Saw where someone capsized yesterday in a 14ft. boat.
A fellow picked them up in a pontoon. Be careful.
2011/06/02 10:32:11
doski

Saw where someone capsized yesterday in a 14ft. boat.
A fellow picked them up in a pontoon. Be careful.

http://www.wytv.com/content/news/local/story/Fishermen-Rescued-After-Boat-Capsizes-at/1XY55eAHfUat_prIi6KYWQ.cspx

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account