2011/07/29 19:04:08
Shenango
I am planning an overnight canoe trip on French Creek. I need some information on creek side camping North of Cambridge Springs 9 to 12 miles from my takeout at Saegertown. Google Earth shows some promising areas but with having never been on the North end of the Creek before I am not too sure my choices will work out. Any and all Information will be appreciated.

Jerry
2011/07/29 19:16:29
wade alexander
i know it gets pretty shallow around saegertown, might be rough taking a canoe even,  not sure between the there and cambridge. your starting there right? would be cool to do tho
2011/07/29 21:26:52
Shenango
Actually starting somewhere between Mill Village and Millers Station about 15 river miles above Cambridge Springs. Cambridge is about 10 river miles above my camp in Saegertown but I won't be getting down to the shallow area in town. If there is a spot to stop about 2 miles above Cambridge it would be perfect. I know there are plenty of canoes that pass my camp with camping equipment on board but I don't know where they are stopping for the night. This is my first attempt at an over nighter and the dog and I will probably get wet and do some walking. Should be fun though and an enjoyable journey. 
2011/07/29 22:02:09
PHOTOJIM
when are you going?

2011/07/30 11:56:46
Shenango
date is still to be determined. My partner the dog is having surgery so whenever she is allowed to get wet again the trip will be on.
2011/07/31 23:33:03
PHOTOJIM
I have always wanted to float and fish that creek with my son.  If you go let me know if you want company and if it is an off weekend maybe we can join.

Jim
2011/08/01 06:07:17
Shenango
My wife and I may be taking a short trip this Saturday the 6th but everything is still up in the air right now. I will send you a pm if we get everything finalized or you could pm me a cell number and I will call with the details.
2011/08/01 19:43:41
BDocter
What ever you do make sure when u come to the dam in saegertown STAY LEFT! or get out and walk the canoe around it. If u need any other info or shuttle pm me. I live just south of venango.
2011/08/01 20:18:38
Shenango
Thanks for the warning. My place is North of the concrete bridge so we will be getting out way before the fault. I was at camp on Sunday cutting the grass and did a little exploring after my chores and a Philly Steak sandwich from Dairy Inn. I think, for this Saturday, we may just go out from Mcclellan St. and see just how low everything is. I'm still not too sure when and how far my over nighter will be but I think I'll wait for more water.
2011/08/01 20:46:25
BDocter
We drug bottom a couple times July 4th weekend in the kayaks. We put in at mclelland and get out at the island bellow venango valley

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account