2011/08/02 10:56:03
FlyFishingPenrod
wade,

my point is, there are mouse flies. Who in the heck traps/buys mice, puts them in a container, and then threads a hook through them. Remember... dirty fingernails equals yeast infections. I can't imagine what mouse could do to the v.

I can hear ol' billy joe now, "I got him Betty, the peanut butter chunks worked, not the spread, looks like we gon' be having bass for dinner tonight let me tell you. I'm headin' on out, we'll see ya 'round 9 baby, whoo."
2011/08/02 12:39:35
ubertracker

ORIGINAL: kayak99

I see we have the PETA mouse defenders out in force, where are the PETA earthworm, minnow and cricket defenders??

sshhhhhh... dont give PETA any ideas.
2011/08/02 16:44:40
wade alexander
ORIGINAL: FlyFishingPenrod

wade,

my point is, there are mouse flies. Who in the heck traps/buys mice, puts them in a container, and then threads a hook through them. Remember... dirty fingernails equals yeast infections. I can't imagine what mouse could do to the v.

I can hear ol' billy joe now, "I got him Betty, the peanut butter chunks worked, not the spread, looks like we gon' be having bass for dinner tonight let me tell you. I'm headin' on out, we'll see ya 'round 9 baby, whoo."

lol ya... which pretty well describes the kind of people that use mice for fishing
2011/08/03 10:50:17
eyesandgillz
ORIGINAL: wade alexander

ORIGINAL: FlyFishingPenrod

wade,

lol ya... which pretty well describes the kind of people that use mice for fishing

ur just jealous you never thought of it, peta boy!

2011/08/03 10:56:23
tippecanoe
"I see we have the PETA mouse defenders out in force, where are the PETA earthworm, minnow and cricket defenders??"

"In the fly fishing forum I guess..."

hahaha that was pretty funny.  F all mice in the face.  That being said, I dont think I could put one on a hook, nor do I want to.  They give me the HeebEeJeEbeES!
2011/08/03 11:18:47
fishinpreacher
Tull -"I'm going to try baby bunnies next, you know, the ones with the big sad eyes."

Laughed till it hurt!

I know they are significantly lower on the cuteness scale but do you thing groundhogs would work? I got a couple behind the church I want to get rid of.
2011/08/03 12:08:37
eyesandgillz

ORIGINAL: fishinpreacher

Tull -"I'm going to try baby bunnies next, you know, the ones with the big sad eyes."

Laughed till it hurt!

I know they are significantly lower on the cuteness scale but do you thing groundhogs would work? I got a couple behind the church I want to get rid of.

Only if you add gold or silver fronts to their buck teeth for added flash, then you're onto something!

PS - They must be tailhooked for this arrangement to work...
2011/08/03 14:05:52
tull66

ORIGINAL: fishinpreacher

Laughed till it hurt!

I caught a groundhog fishing the dahtahn Burg' a few weeks back. I can say from experience you need to rig it as a top-water bait. Don't hook it in the eyes or it will swim in circles and look like NASCAR solotaire and you will fall asleep.
2011/08/03 14:27:08
SmMouthSeeker
 Gentlemen, use common sense. The reason why mice are not use as bait is because it is not practical to do so. Rather they are a good bait for fishing or not, bait shops will not keep them in stock because they're to expensive to sell. Minnows run about 2-3 dollars a dozen, worms sell about 2 dollars for 2 dozen and maggots about $1 a container. Mice, I'm guessing will be around $5 or more for a few of them. After awhile, most will go back to buying minnows again.

What are you going to do with the mice that's left over at the end of the day, "Let them go." You can't keep them very long. If you take them home, you gotta feed them. We throw our left over minnows in the water, we can't keep them, they'll die and smell up the house. Have you ever had a dead minnow in your car. I have, it's not a good thing. The minnows will reproduce in the lakes and you will see schools of thousands swimming around. The same will happen with the mice that you let go. Now you have a mice infestation. Your wife will love you for that.

Can you see where I am going with this? Does it make sense to anyone? Another thing is why is this subject on this board?

2011/08/03 17:51:24
World Famous
SmMouthSeeker, read the first post.....WF

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account